Group Sales Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000FAG
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location The Ritz-Carlton, Budapest, Budapest, Hungary VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
This position serves a dual role in an Event Management and Event Sales capacity. The two primary responsibilities of this position are for the overall management of events and to handle the work flow associated with reactionary event sales while supporting the proactive sales effort.
Accountable for proactively soliciting and handling sales opportunities and for assisting in leading all day-to-day activities related to sales and Event Management.
Education and Experience
· 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 3 years experience in the sales and marketing, event management or related professional area.
· 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 1 year experience in the sales and marketing, event management or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Event Logistics and Operations
· Oversees the management of events (on-site or off-site) and coordinates seamless delivery of services by following established procedures, collaborating with other employees, and verifying that client requests are met.
· Serves as the point of contact between the guests/clients and property event staff throughout the event process.
· Responsible for verifying that necessary equipment, supplies, décor, etc. are at the event site as required and properly set.
· Supervises and trains event staff in all aspects of food and beverage service (including alcohol dispensing, table set-up and clearing, etc.)
· Responsible for the organization and cleanliness of all Special Event storage areas and equipment.
· Conducts site inspections of off-site catering locations and coordinates with vendors and third-parties.
· Responsible for assuring event space is set-up according to Banquet Event Order (BEO) in a timely and efficient manner.
· Able to work various schedules including weekends, holidays and evenings.
· Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
· Solicits feedback from the property departments to identify areas for improvement to enhance the Event Planner's experience.
· Attends regular department planning with the appropriate staff and for taking the initiative to gather necessary information relative to events and keep abreast of changes as they occur.
· Delivers excellent customer service throughout the customer experience and encourages the same from other employees.
Building Successful Relationships that Generate Sales Opportunities
· Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative.
· Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, trade shows, etc.
· Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for sales opportunities.
· Acts as the point of contact for reactive sales (all segments) and for facilitating the reactive sales process according company sales guidelines from initial inquiries through closing (on-site or off-site).
· Meets with clients while conducting site tours, menu item tastings and other property visits.
Managing Sales Activities
· Orders the necessary rentals and supplies (excluding food and beverage) required to properly support a contracted event.
· Organizes event needs relative to contracted events and distributes that information in Banquet Event Order form.
· Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
· Supports the property's proactive and reactive sales efforts by completing related administrative tasks such as securing vendors, creating invoices, following up with billing and payments, relaying necessary information, industry research, proper file maintenance, BES updates, distributing correspondence, maintaining marketing materials and sales data base and completing other clerical tasks.
Using Knowledge of Market Trends and Target Customer Information to Maximize Revenue
· Identifies new business to achieve personal and location revenue goals.
· Understands the overall market - competitors' strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
· Gains understanding of the location's primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
· Supports the company's service and relationship strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
· Services our customers in order to grow share of the account.
· Executes and supports the company's customer service standards.
· Provides excellent customer service consistent with the daily service basics of the company.
· Sets a positive example for guest relations.
· Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.