Jnr Sous Chef
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000E9E
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Meon Valley Marriott Hotel & Country Club, Southampton, Hampshire VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Meon Valley Marriott Hotel & Country Club offers its associates a competitive salary, gym membership, staff meals, car parking and generous global hotel discounts for you, your friends and family.
This four star hotel has a focus on culinary excellence and provides staff with extensive, ongoing training and development. Marriott International is the worlds’ largest hotel company and provides associates with exciting long term career opportunities.
Meon Valley is situated between Southampton and Portsmouth, just a short distance from the M27 motorway in the idyllic Southampton countryside near to Paultons Park, Winchester and more.
At Meon Valley no one day is the same, with an exciting blend of guests and events. Our hotel is a great place to develop your skills, supporting weddings, prolific golf events, sports teams, signature grill restaurant and extensive leisure facilities.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
To be capable of working in all sections of the kitchen (or a specific section) for a designated time, with the aim of running a section unsupervised. Ensuring food preparation, production, quality and presentation is maintained to agreed company SOPs and guest satisfaction is maintained.
- To be aware of the potential dangers of working in the kitchen, and to warn and guard junior staff against accidents through example and training.
- To be responsible for the planned and development of junior members of the team.
- To develop and recognize the performance of junior team members, according to Marriott standards.
- To maintain a sound and constructive working relationship with all food and beverage departments, and all hotel departments in general.
- To take additional work ie: BEO’S, change logs, HACCP’S
- To ensure that all food prepared and cooked for all food service outlets is in compliance with the departmental SOP manual.
- To ensure cleanliness in all food preparation areas, complying with the Food Hygiene Regulations and departmental Environmental Health Manual.
- To assist Sous Chef and Executive Chef in the composition, test cooking and implementation of all menu items for all of the Food Service areas.
- To actively participate in daily food taste panels with Restaurant and other Food Service areas, as required.
- To help secure control of food stocks used in the kitchen and to ensure that there is as little waste as possible.
- To assist with the rotation and storage of food to correct company standards, in accordance with the Environmental Health Standards Manual.
- To safe-guard the company’s interests by looking after all kitchen equipment with due care and attention.
- To be aware of company rules and regulations as set out in “First impressions”.
- To be aware of the company sickness procedure.
- To uphold image standards at all times.
- To check work schedule daily to ensure correct shift times.
- To encourage shift hand-over procedures, to maintain consistency of product.
- To report any accidents or safety hazards to Sous Chef/or Executive Head Chef.
Re: Sales & Marketing
- To actively participate in any food promotions.
- To actively seek ideas from subordinates, so as to fully involve them, and their ideas in any food promotions.