Senior Manager of Meetings & Special Events
Santa Barbara, California
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000DYK
Job Category Event Management
Location The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, California VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Plans and executes meetings and special events. Position assists in the implementation of departmental strategies. The position has responsibility for the execution of all property events with a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales where appropriate.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
***luxury resort experience strongly preferred***
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Meetings and Special Events Operations and Budgets
• Researches and analyzes new products, pricing and services of competition.
• Apprises property of all groups that will impact property operations.
• Executes event management strategy that is aligned with the company’s business strategy and leads its execution.
• Conducts daily walk-through of banquet floor to help ensure client satisfaction and quality standards.
• Develops working relationships with outside vendors and supports establishing prices and service agreements to enhance the event experience and to increase additional revenue opportunities for the property as needed.
• Creates opportunities to upsell during event planning.
• Manages department controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Creates an atmosphere in all event management operations areas that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
• Monitors progress and leads discussion with staff each period.
• Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service and operational needs are met.