Asst. In-Room Dining Manager - The Bodrum EDITION
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000DQ1
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Bodrum EDITION, Bodrum, Turkey VIEW ON MAP
Brand Edition Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
EDITION Hotels combine the visionary genius of boutique hotelier Ian Schrager, the service delivery of a world-class luxury hotel, and the global reach of Marriott International to create an entirely new experience in the world of hospitality. Our hotels are stunning microcosms of the world's top cities, featuring the finest in dining, entertainment, nightlife, and service to create an enchanting experience that makes your spirit soar!
But to create this magical experience, we need you.
EDITION is hiring warm, out-going, authentically amazing people who are looking for a place to work that inspires them, challenges them and makes them proud to come to work. A place where service comes from the heart, not from a handbook. A place that delivers a never-ending theatrical performance that continuously delights and enchants each and every one of our guests.
We invite you to join us today.
Entry level management position that is responsible for the daily operations in Room Service. Position directs, trains and assists employees to follow standards in the delivery of food and beverage to guestrooms and hospitality suites. Position assists in ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Strengthens the food and beverage/culinary team by assisting in other outlets when needed.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Conducting Day-to-Day Room Service Operations
• Verifies compliance with all Room Service polices, standards and procedures.
• Assists with the handling and service of all room service hospitality suites and group sales functions.
• Supervises daily shift operations.
• Helps to manage the delivery of amenity packages and VIP gifts.
• Verifies that all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
Supporting Management and Coaching of Room Service Team
• Provides direction to Room Service employees to sell and service in-room dining.
• Supervises staffing levels to verify that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
• Provides feedback to individuals based on observation of service behaviors.
• Handles employee questions and concerns.
• Supervises Room Service in the absence of the Room Service Manager.
• Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, giving feedback as needed.
Assisting Room Service Financial and Budgeting Goals
• Understands the impact of department’s operation on the overall property financial goals.
• Participates in department meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
• Utilizes budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
• Manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service within guidelines.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Handles guest problems and complaints seeking assistance from a supervisor as necessary.
• Strives to improve service performance.
Supporting Human Resource Activities
• Participates as needed in the interviewing and hiring of room service employee team members with the appropriate skills.
• Utilizes the Labor Management System to effectively schedule to business demands and for tracking of employee time and attendance.
• Supervises on-going training initiatives.
• Conducts training when appropriate.