Chef de Partie
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000DKI
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Manila Marriott Hotel, Manila, Philippines VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Maintain day to day kitchen operation and staff. Sales volume, culinary category, number of meals served and complexity of the operation determine level of responsibility and scope of position. Supervise designated food preparation areas including Banquets, Room Service, Restaurants, Bar/Lounge and associate cafeteria to ensure a consistent, high quality food product. Works with the F&B management team and associates to continually improve guest and associate satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Supervises kitchen shift operations and ensures compliance with all food & beverage policies, standard and procedures.
· Recognize superior quality products, presentations and flavors.
· Maintain purchasing, receiving and food storage standards.
· Ensure compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
· Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
· Calculate accurate, theoretical and weighted food costs.
· Estimates daily production needs on a weekly basis and communicates production needs to kitchen personal daily.
· Support procedures for food & beverage portion and waste controls.
· Assist in maintaining associate cafeteria operation and food quality standards.
· Follow proper handling and service temperatures of all food products.
· Operates and maintains all department equipment and reports malfunctions by following the LSOP.
· Assist with an effective kitchen equipment repair and maintenance programs.
· Effectively reports and follows-up on associate work place incidents.
· Observes service behaviors of associates and provides feedback to individuals, continuously strives to improve service performance.
· Helps associates receive on-going training to understand guest expectations
· Support a department orientation program for associates to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
· Ensures associates are cross-trained to support successful daily operations.
· Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
· Ensure that Passport to Success is implemented and supported.
STANDARDS AND PROCEDURES
· Train entire team about 43 point food hygiene rule and regulations
· Ensures all Marriott SOP’s and LSOP’s are implemented correctly
· Obey to Marriott business ethnic conduct guide book at all times. Ask if you are not sure
· Obey to the hotel’s established associate handbook
· Participate in and promote energy conservation program
TRAINING AND ASSOCIATE RELATIONS
· Create an environment where each associates feels valued and is empowered to do more.
· All employees under his jurisdiction exceed Marriott's standard of appearance
· Effective communication is maintained through active participation in associate departmental meetings and Food and Beverage meetings
· Conduct regularly team building sessions with his associates and managers
COST CONTROL & SAFETY
· Coordinate and lead inventories with outlet managers
· Ensures departmental financial goals like profit are achieved and exceeded.
· Keep par stock and re-order on time before we run out of items
· Security of all high value items in all areas at all times
· Practice and observe all safety rules and regulations and encourage others to do so.
· Attend daily pre shift meetings
· Implement and attend daily 15 min training within your department
· Attend daily F&B briefings
· Implement and attend monthly departmental meeting
· Other meetings as required for his/her position as request by Executive Chef/Chief Steward
· Performs other duties as assigned to meet the business need.
· Profile of Competency
· Food and Beverage culinary experience with demonstrated leadership
· Extensive knowledge of food handling and sanitation standards
· Knowledge of menu composition
· Understanding of purchasing and maintenance of kitchen equipment
· Effective decision making skills
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Effective influence skills
· Good Communication skills
· Strong organization skills
· Knowledge of purchasing, inventory control, supplies and equipment
· Good communication skills (Verbal & Listening & Writing)
· High School diploma or equivalent required