Feb 06, 2018Job Number
Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
Manila Marriott Hotel, Manila, Philippines VIEW ON MAPBrand
Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW MarriottSchedule
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Prepare special meals or substitute items. Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters. Pull food from freezer storage to thaw in the refrigerator. Ensure proper portion, arrangement, and food garnish. Maintain food logs. Monitor the quality and quantity of food that is prepared. Communicate assistance needed during busy periods. Inform Chef of excess food items for use in daily specials. Inform F&B service staff of 86'ed items and available menu specials. Ensure the quality of the food items. Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist. Prepare cold foods. Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees; serve as a role model.
Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Anticipate and address guests' service needs. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
To produce food items for service in the restaurant and catering functions, ensuring that all are prepared according to Marriott standards and specifications.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Prepare food of consistent quality following Marriott recipe cards.
· Date all food containers and rotate per Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
· Practice safety standards at all times.
· Cook orders as requested, including special requests.
· Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to prepare over estimated needs.
· Practice sanitation standards at all times. Make sure that all perishables are being kept at the proper temperatures.
· Properly portion all items on assigned station.
· Control food waste, loss and usage per SOP. Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems.
· Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages. Assist in keeping buffet stocked.
· Assist in prep work of vegetables and condiments as required for the next shift.
· Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
· Each associate is expected to carry out, within their capabilities, all reasonable requests by management.
STANDARDS AND PROCEDURES
· Train entire team about 43 point food hygiene rule and regulations
· Ensures all Marriott SOP’s and LSOP’s are implemented correctly
· Obey to Marriott business ethnic conduct guide book at all times. Ask if you are not sure
· Obey to the hotel’s established associate handbook
· Attend daily 15 min training within your department
· Attend daily F&B briefings
· Attend monthly departmental meeting
· Other meetings as required for his/her position as request by Executive Chef/Chief Steward
· Performs other duties as assigned to meet the business need.
· Good communication skills (verbal and listening and writing)
· Culinary Education preferred
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.