Occupational Health Nurse Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000CXA
Job Category Health Care Services
Location The Westin St. Francis San Francisco on Union Square, San Francisco, California VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Education and Experience
• 4-year bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Nursing or related major; five years outside experience as a Nurse Practitioner in an occupational health, autonomous setting.
• In-depth knowledge and recent experience in the following areas: Worker’s compensation state regulations and case management, primary clinical care, state and federal health and safety regulations, local community resources for health care, safety awareness and prevention activities, health promotion program implementation, administration of benefits for health related functions (FMLA, ADA, STD, LTD, EAP, ARL), maintaining a medical records system, and budget responsibilities.
• Certified Occupational Health Nurse certification preferred (or certification in related field).
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Clinical Practice (Injury/Illness Treatment)
• Functions independently within scope of Nurse Practitioner role to diagnose and implement appropriate interventions to help injured Associates.
• Provides clinical services such as prescriptions and treatments that are allowed per state Practice Act.
• Observes job tasks performed by Associates in various department and provides appropriate recommendations to prevent injuries.
• Educate injured Associates on the nature of injuries/illnesses to prevent a recurrence and maintain good health.
• Delivers culturally appropriate care.
• Identifies and evaluates the availability of healthcare resources, benefit options & disability related resources.
• Maintains an accurate and complete record keeping system.
• Identifies & utilizes clinical protocols and practice guidelines.
• Maintains clinical oversight relationship with local Marriott Provider Network.
Case Management (Occupational)
• Conducts a thorough and objective assessment of the Associate’s current status and case management needs.
• Implements case management to ensure that appropriate treatment is provided in a quality, cost-efficient manner.
• Engages in multi-disciplinary consultation on complex cases.
• Communicates status and plan to others involved in case, partnering with Marriott Claims Services in claim administration.
• Implements early return to work and transitional duty programs.
• Uses iVOS effectively for communication with Marriott Claims team.
• Functions within the Standards of Practice for Case Management.
Workplace Health and Safety
• Contributes to regulatory compliance regarding worksite health and safety including maintenance of appropriate documentations.
• Determines root cause analysis for each accident and assist management with preventive solutions to prevent a recurrence.
• Reviews accident reports, OSHA Logs, Safety Inspections, Exposure Monitoring Reports, and data from Job Safety Analysis to perform risk assessments.
• Identifies Engineering issues and collaborates with Engineering Director to determine cost-effective solutions in resolving issues.
• Assesses and develops new techniques to prevent repetitive motion injuries.
• Partners with Director of Loss Prevention to co-Lead the Injury Prevention Meetings.
• Partners with Global Safety and Security leadership.
Comprehensive Management of Associate Health (Benefits, Disabilities and Budgetary Concerns)
• Contributes to the development of the budget for associate health services.
• Acts as a liaison with benefit plans, health care providers, managed care organizations and works in collaboration with Human Resources regarding disability management.
Health Promotions and Disease Prevention
• Plans, develops, and implements health promotion programs using various teaching methods, health fairs, seminars, newsletters, contests, etc.
• Always provides culturally appropriate care and programs, addressing cultural norms and literacy concerns.
• Collaborate with onsite PSAV team to develop teaching tools.
• Evaluates the effectiveness of the health promotion programs and constantly strives for improvement.
• Works closely with Executive Chef to improve Associate diet options.
• Develops a plan for maintaining and expanding knowledge in Nursing Practice and Occupational Health.
• Obtains academic qualifications and certifications commensurate with job.
• Maintains current state based licensure requirements.
• Utilizes a variety of resources to maintain professional expertise.
• Monitors laws and regulations affecting practice.
• Maintains professional behavior guided by laws, regulations, practice stands, and ethical codes.
• Maintains confidentiality of health information and records in accordance with professional codes, laws, and regulations.
• Uses AAOHN Code of Ethics to guide practice.
• Communicates in a professional manner.
• Prepares reports of activities at least quarterly and submits to Area Director and Director of Occupational Health Services.
• Maintains current membership(s) in relevant professional organization.
• Acts as a role model for other occupational health professionals.