Apr 16, 2018Job Number
Rooms and Guest Services OperationsLocation
The St. Regis Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey VIEW ON MAPBrand
St. Regis Hotels & ResortsSchedule
Start Your Journey With Us
The St. Regis brand first established luxury hospitality more than 110 years ago, with the opening of the St. Regis New York. From the moment John Jacob Astor IV opened the doors of his Beaux-Arts masterpiece on New York’s Fifth Avenue, St. Regis has stood as a symbol of uncompromising elegance and bespoke service. Today, with more than 40 of the best addresses around the world, St. Regis is a place where trends are born, boundaries are broken and guests can simply live exquisite. We invite you to explore careers at St. Regis.
- Greet guests and inform them of property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities. Open doors and assist guests/visitors entering and leaving property.
- Assist with luggage storage and retrieval.
- Transport guest luggage to and from guest rooms and/or designated bell area. Assist guests/visitors in and out of vehicles, including assisting guests with loading/unloading luggage.
- Supply guests with directions.
- Arrange transportation (e.g., taxi cab, shuttle bus, limousine/sedan service) for guests/visitors, and record advance transportation request as needed. Dispatch bell staff or valet staff as needed.
- Communicate parking procedures to guests/visitors.
- Follow up with guests to ensure their requests or problems have been met to their satisfaction. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Reports to the Banquet Manager
Education and Experience
Minimum 3 years experience in f&b servcise banquet operation or related professional area.
Fluent both in English & Turkish
Opera knowledge is essential
Work and residency permit for Turkey is required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Monitoring Property Operations
Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications.
Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
Support team to reach common goals.
Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance. Assist with moving, lifting, carrying, and placing of objects weighing in excess of 75 pounds. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Move at a speed that is required to respond to work situations (e. g., run, walk, jog).
Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e. g., small print). Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces and steps.
Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards.
Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.