Guest Services Agent
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000AD8
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Sheraton Melbourne Hotel, Melbourne, Victoria VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi Find Your World.™
Sheraton Melbourne Hotel is located on Little Collins Street between Spring Street and Exhibition Street, also referred to as the "Paris End" owing to its Art Nouveau architecture, leafy surrounds and proximity to the city's most chic dining and shopping experiences. The hotel is located within the 31 storey "wavilinear" building which features 174 deluxe guest rooms and luxury suites. Hotel facilities include an indoor heated swimming pool, fitness center, a spa with 5 dedicated treatment rooms, one all day dining restaurant, lobby lounge bar, a rooftop terrace bar and The Crux & Co. The hotel also features 669 square meters of meetings and banquet space over 6 flexible rooms.
Armed with smart solutions and a can-do attitude, the ideal candidates will be energetic, friendly, organized and enjoy working in a team environment. Passionate about providing personalized service to our guests, you will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. With a high standard of personal presentation, the successful candidate will have similar experience within a hotel environment. All candidates must be confident in using various computer systems including Microsoft Office. Experience using a hotel property management system (preferably Opera) is required. All candidates must be available to work a 7 day rotating roster, including holidays and weekends.
Front Office is responsible for the smooth coordination of the guest arrival and departure experience, acting as a central point for any guest queries and requests.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of Front Office procedures and the property management system
- Handle all guest requests promptly, taking personal accountability to ensure guest satisfaction
- Efficiently process arrival and departure guest accounts, maintaining compliance with Starwood security, billing and hotel credit procedures
- Be knowledgeable of hotel facilities and services, promoting them to guests and adopting innovative ways to up-sell additional services
- Have complete understanding of the Starwood loyalty program and be able to confidently promote this to guests and answer any questions
This is an excellent opportunity to make your mark in a vibrant and growing company. In return for your commitment and passion to succeed, you will have the opportunity to work with a highly motivated team and receive excellent benefits including:
- Generous accommodation and Food and Beverage discounts for Associates, family and friends across all Starwood properties worldwide
- Spa treatment discounts at our luxurious The Spa at Sheraton Melbourne
- Associate recognition programs
- Discount CBD parking
- World class training programs
- Strategic career development opportunities
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.