Executive Lounge Agent
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000A83
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Dubai is a cosmopolitan city built on irrepressible ambition and unsurpassed luxury. Home to the world’s tallest building, the largest shopping mall, the iconic Palm Jumeirah and now the landmark JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, it is a place for those who seek the best the world has to offer.
The Marquis brand is a quality standard for the finest properties in the Marriott portfolio, synonymous with intuitive service and refined taste. The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai has instantly gained status as one of the region’s most compelling destinations, offering service and facilities that have been carefully crafted around the expectations of the world’s most discerning travelers.
Comprising two iconic towers, the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai stands elevated above Dubai’s Business Bay on Sheikh Zayed Road, the heart of one of the most desirable locations in the city.
The hotel features elegantly conceived accommodation, outstanding event and business facilities, a collection of 14 stylish bars and restaurants and the haven of health and relaxation that is Saray Spa and Health Club. A marriage of rich and colorful cultural inspirations and design finesse makes it a destination with distinctive character and ambience.
Assists with food and beverage service and set-up in the Executive Lounge.
Assists Reception Lobby when needed.
· A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
· Number of Direct Reports - 0
· Titles of Direct Reports – n/a
· Customer services/contact.
· Hotel experience will be an added value, experience in the Middle East.
· Preferred experience/backgroud of Receptionist/Guest Relation
Skills and Knowledge
· Excellent communication skills
· Computer and MS office literate
· Opera skills will be an added value
· English language (written and spoken)
Education or Certification
- Good level of English essential
- High School, Diploma, Degree education or equivalent required
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
· Ensure all relevant SOP’s are adhered to, to ensure consistent levels of services are maintained at all times.
· To be a champion of GSS key drivers: “Staff anticipated guest needs” and “problem was resolved on first contact”.
· To be a part of the campaign to collect as many GSS as possible, without going against the GSS SOP.
· Due to the nature of our business, to understand that work schedules and demands of the position may vary from time to time.
· To have knowledge of hotel rates, packages, discounts and vouchers.
· To have knowledge of room types and locations within the hotel.
· To ensure that all Guests receive personal service to the highest degree of courtesy and to be informed of the hotel’s facilities.
· Protect guest and associate security by never revealing any personal information, room numbers, addresses, telephone numbers etc. unless authorised by a manager.
· To ensure that a good relationship is kept between all other departments.
· Report any unusual occurrences and/or requests to a manager.
· Perform any reasonable request as directed by management.
· Ensure the cleanliness and neatness of the Executive Lounge areas.
· Man the guest relations desk in the lobby/executive lounge.
· Prepare VIP arrival reports and share those with the hotel staff.
· Maintain high standards of personal hygiene and adhere to grooming standards at all times.
· Hand over any relevant information with necessary departments and associates.
· To have full knowledge of GuestWare and to use information daily for follow up.
· Attend daily/weekly/monthly departmental meetings and contribute with the acquired knowledge.
· Conduct daily courtesy/departure calls.
· Escort guests to their rooms whilst promoting the hotel and following all necessary procedures.
· Play and active role in the implementation of new procedures and services.
· Conduct room inspections and coordinate your findings with the necessary departments.
· To take over the tasks of the Executive Lounge Team Leader/Supervisor in their absence (including but not limited to GSS Weekly Reports, attendance of the Daily Briefings, Guestware weekly reports, Guest Correspondence)
· To ensure that all Guest concerns, complaints and compliments are actioned and addressed in an appropriate manner, logged in guest profile and GuestWare.
· To liaise with the Executive Lounge Leaders to ensure that information is communicated efficiently but not duplicated.
· To assist Guests with general enquires and any other reasonable service requested by guests.
· To assist in check-in and check-out if the Front Desk / Reception Lobby are overloaded/understaffed.
· Ensure all guests are welcomed according to the JW Marriott Welcome Experience.
· Review the trends of arrivals and departure and schedule him/herself accordingly.
· Be familiar with all local attractions, hotels, restaurants, etc.
· Ensure logs are maintained and put in proper use:
o Daily activities log
o Handover log
o Courtesy calls and Guest Conversation log
· Coordinate with Transportation and airport desk to ensure timely pick-up and drop-off of guests, if required
· Be aware of VIP arrivals
· Balance Scorecard Results : Implements strategies and executes activities to drive and continuously improve financial results, guest satisfaction, human capital index and market share.
Safety and Security
· Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
· Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
· Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
Policies and Procedures
· Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
· Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
· Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
· Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
· Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
· Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
· Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
· Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
· Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
· Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
· Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
· Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
· Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
· Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
· Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
· Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
· Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
· Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
· Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others
· Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
· Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
· Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
· Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
· Ensure that all assigned and or mandatory trainings are completed on time.
· Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
· Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
· Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
· Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.