Sr. Manager Housekeeping Operations
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000A3C
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Renaissance Dallas at Plano Legacy West Hotel, Plano, Texas VIEW ON MAP
Brand Renaissance Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Dallas at Plano Location:
The new Renaissance Dallas at Plano Legacy West Hotel is ready to redefine your expectations of luxury travel. Ending 2017 #2 guest satisfaction scores in the Renaissance Brand. #1 in room cleanliness scores, etc. Perfectly situated at the south end of the $3 billion Legacy West urban mixed-use project, our hotel greets guests with a blend of modern comfort, intriguing style and unparalleled service. Think of us as a destination within a destination, with everything you need to rest and be successful during your Plano stay. Our lobby features wide-open spaces and opportunities to work, socialize or simply sit back and relax. Cosmopolitan rooms and suites offer plush bedding and worldly design touches. Conduct "business unusual" in our over 26,000 square feet of versatile, sophisticated meeting space, or enjoy innovative Asian-fusion cuisine at our on-site restaurant. And with an outdoor pool and a large fitness center, we make it easy for you to stay healthy and focused during your Plano visit.
Manages the execution of all operations in the rooms area departments (e.g.,Front Office, Engineering/Maintenance,Housekeeping) and managing staff. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department. Monitors compliance with standards and procedures. Leads specific team while assisting with meeting or exceeding property goals.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Leading Room Operations Team
• Verifies that goals are being translated to the team as they relate to guest tracking and productivity.
• Manages the execution of all operations in the rooms area departments (e.g., Front Office, Engineering/Maintenance, Housekeeping) and manages staff.
• Leads specific team while assisting with meeting or exceeding property goals.
• Creates and nurtures a property environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement and a passion for providing service.
• Understands employee and guest satisfaction results and developis action plans to attack needed areas and expand on strengths.
• Sets clear expectations, with the General Manager, for the team.
• Verifies that the team has the capabilities to meet expectations.
• Leads by example demonstrating self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
• Assists employees in understanding guests’ ever-changing needs and expectations, and exceeding them.
Managing Property Rooms Operations Function(s)
• Follows property specific second effort and recovery plan.
• Publishes all guest satisfaction results in a timely fashion including all guest satisfaction forms, comment cards and guest letters.
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with employee concerns.
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to employees at all times.
• Communicates/updates all goals and results with employees.
• Meets semiannually with staff on a one-to-one basis.
• Schedules the team against guest and hours/occupied room goals.
• Monitors compliance with standards and procedures.
• Performs hourly job functions as needed.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides excellent customer service by being readily available/approachable for all guests.
• Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department.
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
• Responds timely to customer service department request.
• Verifies all team members meet or exceed all hospitality requirements.
• Performs required annual Quality audit with General Manager (GM) & Regional Director (RD).
• Verifies that a viable key control program is in place.
• Reviews financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Interviews and assists in making hiring decisions.
• Promotes both Guarantee of Fair Treatment and Open Door policies.
• Verifies that orientations for new team members are thorough and completed in a timely fashion.