Business Development Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180009TX
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Working within the pro-active Sales team and under the direction of the Director of Sales, this position is responsible for maximising rooms, conference & banqueting revenue from a defined account base as well as new business development. This role is to proactively uncover new prospects in the Scottish Market for the hotel and maximise conversion of business in line with the Hotels budgetary goals. This role requires a high degree of self-motivation, excellent organisational skills and the ability to work unsupervised using your own initiative.
Key Sales Responsibilities
· Proactively uncover and qualify new prospects for the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa and maximise conversion of business in line with the Hotels budgetary goals.
· Manage a pre-determined number of annual/local accounts; maintain valid objectives and relevant action plans for each account.
· To carry out a specified number of face to face sales appointments (onsite and offsite) weekly to promote the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa and where appropriate other Marriott properties. A weekly sales activity report is to be competed and sent to Director of Sales.
· Lead sourcing, generation and conversion through calling, social networks, networking events, local trade shows, etc.
· Manage a pre-determined number of corporate accounts (event planner/group only); maintain valid objectives and relevant action plans for each account
· Work in collaboration with group sales to bring new leads for Edinburgh Suite Functions
· Achievement of sales targets working in collaboration with sales and marketing team to achieve targets for rooms, banqueting and groups.
· Achievement of Personal and Team goals in Sales Incentive Management Programme SIMS, Proactively sourcing and prospecting new business for the hotel for bedrooms, conferences, banqueting and following the sales process through to conversion
· Lead a sub-team of peers in the Business Development project team and actively drive this forward to achieve results.
· To arrange and manage site inspections and familiarisation trips in line with business needs. To be actively involved in client educations, entertainment and sales promotions.
· Develop positive and professional working relationships and demonstrate excellent customer service and knowledge with all clients.
· Ensuring client contact information, interests, account activities, and any correspondence is actively updated daily; to include knowledge and understanding of Opera Sales and Catering
· To attend any local trade fairs and exhibitions, ensuring that the quality image of the organisation is portrayed, and that every opportunity is taken to promote the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa with relevance to client preferences
· Actively use appropriate Marriott Loyalty programmes to convert group business as appropriate & acquire full knowledgeable understanding of the program.
· To take responsibility for agreed projects as required under guidance of DOS
· Adhering to the pre-set strategic guidelines with regards to pricing
· To participate in departmental and Marriott courses as required.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Minimum of two year’s experience and a proven track record in Business Development, preferably within the Scottish market
· Knowledge key industry types in Scotland and their preferences
• Experience in selling a five-star product is preferred.
• This is a high profile role which requires someone who is commercially aware with a strategic, analytical approach and the ability to cope under pressure
• Requires excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must have a passion for Sales and self-motivated to achieve individual and team targets by maximizing revenue at every opportunity.
• Great Customer Service Skills - Must enjoy guest interaction (phone, email and in person), be able to anticipate guest needs, handle objections and complaints whilst maintaining a positive and professional attitude at all times.
• Must be able to maintain a high level of product and service knowledge in order to present and sell.
• Essential Computer Skills - Knowledge of Opera, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Must be a Team Player – Demonstrate experience of building positive working relationships and promoting team spirit.
• Extensive knowledge of sales/negotiating skills.
• Knowledge of revenue management and budgetary analysis capabilities is preferred
• Ability to analyze data, set strategies, and establish appropriate action plans.
• Flexibility towards hours is required.
• Valid EU work permit is required to apply for this position.
• Full Clean Driving Licence is preferred but not essential.
• Active involvement in surveying competitors in prescribed format to ensure correct pricing in liaison with Sales.
• To obtain a full knowledge of competitor products in order that identification can be made when quoting to customers in order to understand market place.
• Work in accordance with budget guidelines when quoting and negotiating for business.
• This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
• In return we offer unlimited career opportunities, competitive salary, industry leading benefits (including discounted hotels and F & B, free meals on duty, dry cleaning of uniform, dental and optical plans), and an environment where your development is our priority. We offer a monthly training calendar full of developmental courses designed to aid career progression.