Jan 25, 2018Job Number
Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
Glasgow Marriott Hotel, Glasgow, Scotland VIEW ON MAPBrand
Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW MarriottSchedule
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Prepare special meals or substitute items. Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters. Pull food from freezer storage to thaw in the refrigerator. Ensure proper portion, arrangement, and food garnish. Maintain food logs. Monitor the quality and quantity of food that is prepared. Communicate assistance needed during busy periods. Inform Chef of excess food items for use in daily specials. Inform F&B service staff of 86'ed items and available menu specials. Ensure the quality of the food items. Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist. Prepare cold foods. Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees; serve as a role model.
Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Anticipate and address guests' service needs. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Ensure all local / unit culinary operating procedures are followed in adherence to all statutory local legislation.
- Ensue all direct reports follow all Standard Operating Procedures for the Glasgow Marriott.
- Follow Recipes and SOPs
- Brand Standard Food Safety Regulations
- Uniform dress standards; Personal Appearance and Grooming Standards
- Time keeping and reporting
- Signing for the completion of tasks on any official Marriott documentation in relation to G.F.S. Policy or Local / unit operating administration forms.
- Effective communication with all other departments within the hotel. Pertaining to effective departmental operations and Guest Satisfaction.
- Ensuring all Marriott Codes of Practice / Regulations as pertaining to Company Handbook are followed by all direct reports.
- Ensuring daily operations and procedures are fully compliant with Company Health & Safety procedures and carried out by all associates and direct reports safely.
- Perform any reasonable request as asked by Executive Chef or Senior Management.
- To ensure that the outlets are effectively managed and that our guests receive a consistently high standard of service.
- To co-ordinate and monitor all training within the department.
- To ensure that all menu specifications are adhered to, in order to control all costs and maintain GP.
- To ensure the efficient and effective daily operation of the department and all its associates. Communicate to all associates and direct reports their duties and responsibilities.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.