F&B Service - Room Service Waiter
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000992
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre, Shanghai, China VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
Construction of the largest full-service Marriott-branded hotel in Shanghai, Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre opened its doors on 24 November, 2011. Located aside People's Square and Park on Xi Zang （Middle） Road, the Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre enjoys a premium downtown location. Nanjing Pedestrian Street is a 30 second stroll from the hotel's street entrance. The BUND, Suzhou Creek and the lively Xintiandi are all within easy walking distance.
MAJOR FUNCTION 主要功能 :
Prompt and courteous delivery of all room service orders, maintains positive room service image through all areas of guest contact and through cleanliness of work areas.
SPECIFIC DUTIES 工作任務 :
1. Follow all standard procedures in serving the guest, as outlined in training manual and standards manual.
2. Maintain station in accordance with standards at all times.
3. Develop a complete knowledge of menu items, their garnish, contents and preparation methods. Be ready to answer any guest questions about the menu in a positive and concise way. Know the use records.
4. Operate the Point of Sale terminal correctly and follow all Marriott check-closing procedures.
5. Practice aggressive hospitality and use Suggestive Selling techniques when taking guest’s order.
6. Check corridors for trays when returning from delivering orders.
7. Clean and break down trays in dish area, watching for un-used and clean condiments, salt, pepper, and sugar and return them to room service area.
8. Develop a good knowledge of beverages, liquors, and wine service.
9. Insure oncoming shit has adequate supply of silverware, trays, napkins, condiments, sugar, salt and pepper, etc.
10. Complete all daily and weekly-assigned side work.
11. Participate in daily line-up and menu classes.
12. Chewing gum or smoking is not allowed while on duty.
13. Attend all meetings or training seminars as required.