F&B Service - Western Restaurant Hostess
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 1800098K
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre, Shanghai, China VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
Construction of the largest full-service Marriott-branded hotel in Shanghai, Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre opened its doors on 24 November, 2011. Located aside People's Square and Park on Xi Zang （Middle） Road, the Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre enjoys a premium downtown location. Nanjing Pedestrian Street is a 30 second stroll from the hotel's street entrance. The BUND, Suzhou Creek and the lively Xintiandi are all within easy walking distance.
MAJOR FUNCTION 主要功能 :
To ensure the three steps of service are adhered to at all times:
- A warm and sincere greeting. Use the guest name if and when possible
- Anticipation and compliance with guest needs
- Fond farewell. Give them a warm good-bye and use the guest name if and when possible
To seat guests in a manner that every guest will receive the fastest and most courteous service at all times.
To set the tone of aggressive hospitality with a display of friendly enthusiasm that will continue all through the restaurant during the entire meal period.
To supervise and control seating in the restaurant and ensure that guests are seated in stations so that no server is overloaded with guests at any given time, and in order to seat guests in a manner that is fair to all the servers.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILIES 責任概要 :
1. Follow all Marriott policies and procedures.
2. Comply with the “clean as you go” policy.
3. Report to work on scheduled days at the scheduled time.
4. Report to work in uniform following all appearance standards.
5. Work as a TEAM.
6. Follow all safety policies to ensure a safe work area.
7. Honour all reasonable work-related requests made by a manager or supervisor, which may be outside your normal job activities, to achieve complete guest satisfaction and service throughout the Hotel.
8. Check out with your supervisor before leaving your station or the floor for any reason.
SPECIFIC DUTIES 工作任務 :
1. Follow hostess opening & closing checklist thoroughly.
2. Check in servers and other associates for uniform.
3. Maintain guest flow charts to track number of guests to each station and in order to track volume per hour.
4. Ensure that the front of the restaurant is always covered.
5. Ensure that the front of the restaurant is spotless at all times.
6. Check on every table to ensure that it is clean, spotless and fully setup and that all silverware and glassware is spotless before any guests are seated at the table. In addition, check to ensure that all chairs are free of crumbs and that the carpet is spotless.
7. Check on guests to get feedback on the quality of their meals, service, etc. and share any problems that arise immediately—inform supervisor and manager immediately, but try to take care of the problem at once.
8. Schedule servers for breaks, etc. in conjunction with the supervisor and depending on business volume.
9. Pitch in and help in service whenever the need arises.
10. Have an excellent knowledge about the city, the signals, methods of transportation, etc. in order to be able to converse with customers, give helpful suggestions, etc.
11. Have an excellent knowledge about wines and different items on the menu in order to be able to help guests, answer questions, and give other suggestions. 拥有良好的食品酒水知识，为了能更好的回答客人的提问并适当给予一些建议
12. Be thorough in knowledge of the Hotel, services offered, operating hours of all F&B outlets, etc.
13. Communicate all necessary information to incoming hostess and supervisor, and record all messages in the hostess communication log.
14. Work with the cashier and relieve cashiers on break.