Complex EAM Restaurants & Bars
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180008DU
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The St. Regis Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Al Habtoor City
Three world-class hotels with unparalleled amenities grace Al Habtoor City. World-famous international designers and architects have worked on the three 5-star hotels in the new neighbourhood, representing famous hospitality brands that inspire confidence and symbolise luxury living. Within the new Al Habtoor City are three ultra-luxurious hotels: Dubai’s first-ever St. Regis, a flagship W Hotel and a new Westin, offering more than 1,600 elegant rooms between them.
Responsible for food and beverage strategic planning and daily operations, including, Restaurants/Bars in the complex , where applicable. Position oversees the development and implementation of departmental strategies and ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives. The position ensures the food and beverage operation meets the brand’s target customer needs, ensures employee satisfaction, and focuses on growing revenues and maximizing the financial performance of the department. Develops and implements property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer and property employees and provides a return on investment.
- Develops a R&B operating strategy that is aligned with the multiple brand’s business strategy across the complex and leads its execution.
- Supervises daily R&B shift operation across the complex and ensures compliance with all policies, standards and procedures.
- Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met in all R&B venues.
- Develops and oversees an order and purchase strategy for equipment and supplies.
- Supervises an effective monthly self-inspection program.
- Develops and oversees an social media & marketing strategy for R&B
- Develops promotional plans for each venue as well as multi-property joined promotions
Developing and Maintaining Food and Beverage/Culinary Goals
- Sets expectations and holds R&B leadership team accountable for demonstrating desired service behaviors.
- Reviews financial reports and statements to determine how food and beverage is performing against budget.
- Makes recommendations for funding of food and beverage equipment and renovations in accordance with brand business strategy.
- Works with leadership team to determine areas of concern and develops strategies to improve the department’s financial performance.
- Establishes challenging, realistic and obtainable goals to guide operation and performance.
Developing and Maintaining Budgets
- Develops and manages R&B budget, forecast for the complex operations together with finance teams.
- Monitors the department’s actual and projected sales to ensure revenue goals are met or exceeded and opportunities are identified and addressed.
- Ensures cash control and liquor control policies are in place in food & beverage areas and followed by all related employees.
- Focuses on maintaining profit margins without compromising guest or employee satisfaction.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Develops means to improve profit, including estimating cost and benefit, exploring new business opportunities, etc.
- Identifies opportunities to increase profits and create value by challenging existing processes, encourages innovation and drives change.
- Ensures that regular, on-going communication occurs in all areas of R&B (e.g., pre-meal briefings, staff meetings, taste panels).
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with direct reports and entire food & beverage team. Ensures direct reports do the same for their team.
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Stays aware of market trends and introduces new food and beverage products to meet or exceed customer expectations, generate increased revenue and ensure a competitive position in the market.
- To have drive and high energy levels, to be achievement-oriented, and never tireless in the pursuit of their goals.
- Inspires and drives entrepreneurial spirit in Complex R&B
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Reviews findings from comment cards and guest satisfaction results with food and beverage team and ensures appropriate corrective action is taken.
- Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent guest service.
- Estimates cost and benefit ratio, maintaining balance between profit and service satisfaction.
- Shares plans to take corrective action based on comment cards and guest satisfaction results with property leadership.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Coaches and supports food & beverage leadership team to effectively manage wages, food & beverage cost and controllable expenses (e.g., restaurant supplies, uniforms, etc.).
- Hires food & beverage leadership team members who demonstrate strong functional expertise, creativity and entrepreneurial leadership to meet the business needs of the operation.
- Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds staff accountable for successful performance.
- Ensures that expectations and objectives are clearly communicated to subordinates;
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
Education and Experience
· High school diploma or GED; 6 years experience in food and beverage, culinary, event management, or related professional area.
2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 4 years experience in food and beverage, culinary, event management, or related professional area.