Front Office - Bell Boy / Door Man
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180008A2
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre, Shanghai, China VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
Construction of the largest full-service Marriott-branded hotel in Shanghai, Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre opened its doors on 24 November, 2011. Located aside People's Square and Park on Xi Zang （Middle） Road, the Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre enjoys a premium downtown location. Nanjing Pedestrian Street is a 30 second stroll from the hotel's street entrance. The BUND, Suzhou Creek and the lively Xintiandi are all within easy walking distance.
Give assistance to arriving and departing guests and handle their luggage properly, orient the guests with their rooms and other hotel facilities. Provide supervisory assistance to the Bell Captain as may be required, and always provide service with a smile.
1. Greet and welcome arriving and departing guests of the hotel.
2. Assist guests with their baggage upon their arrival and during departure.
3. Load and unload baggage to/from baggage cart.
4. Collect group baggage according to specified time.
5. Deliver group baggage according to the assigned rooms.
6. Show arriving guest to the Front desk to register and escort guest to assigned room.
7. Shows guest how to operate the facilities inside the guest room.
8. Page guest in the lobby and its vicinity areas as required.
9. Assist guest in changing of room.
10. Be in charge of the baggage room and keep proper records of in and out baggage.
11. Responsible to keep work areas neat and tidy.
12. Take care of all bell equipment.
13. Provide taxis service per guest’s request.
14. Assist in delivery of parcels, envelopes, newspaper and concerned matters within the Hotel.
15. Run errands for the Front Office and Executive Office.
16. Hoist and lower flags at the Hotel entrance.
17. Answer guest inquires and refer to the personnel/section for further information.
18. Be familiar with all emergency procedures and evacuation plans.
19. Maintain and enforce all Marriott service Standards.
20. Ensure that Guest Response Process is in place and all follow-up calls are made.
21. Empower to serve our guests by using the compensation guidelines.
22. Wear proper and clean uniforms including name tag at all times. Comply with grooming standards. Carry the Basic card during work hours and know the Basic of the Day.
23. Perform the task of Doorman as assigned by Chief Concierge/Bell Captain.
24. Open and close vehicles’ doors for guests.
25. Stop visitors with improper appearance to enter the resort, and seek security assistance as and when necessary.
26. Open and close entrance doors as and when necessary.
27. Maintain cleanliness along the front of the driveway at all times.
28. Direct and control the flow of traffic at the entrance of the hotel, and ensure that no vehicles are parked on the driveway at all times unless approval from the Director of Rooms.
29. To assume any other duties and responsibilities as assign by the management.