Front Office - Sr/Front Desk Agent
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180007W7
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre, Shanghai, China VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
Construction of the largest full-service Marriott-branded hotel in Shanghai, Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre opened its doors on 24 November, 2011. Located aside People's Square and Park on Xi Zang （Middle） Road, the Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre enjoys a premium downtown location. Nanjing Pedestrian Street is a 30 second stroll from the hotel's street entrance. The BUND, Suzhou Creek and the lively Xintiandi are all within easy walking distance.
MAJOR FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Front Desk Agent provides excellent guest service in the most courteous and efficient manner to maximize room sales including handling all check in/out procedures and other front desk assigned duties. Adhere to Marriott standards of aggressive hospitality including any guidelines and procedures.
1. Report to work on time, in proper and clean uniform, including name tag. Personal appearance and grooming must conform to the Marriott standard. Carry the Basic card during work hours and know the Basic of the Day.
2. Handle all duties according to hotel policies, procedures, internal rules and standards. Conform to cash handling procedures at all times.
3. Be knowledgeable about daily hotel operations, check daily event sheet, bulletin boards and be up to date with all changes, new procedures and events.
4. Get a daily briefing about extra ordinary events to effectively deal with all foreseen situations on a daily basis.
5. Have knowledge about room rates, packages, discounts and promotions and understand how to sell different rates to potential guests.
6. Have knowledge about guest rooms, locations, amenities, features and all other services offered by the hotel.
7. Check in all guests according to the 1st Ten Program.
按照“1st Ten 流程”登记入住所有顾客。
8. Follow all cash handling and banking procedures to check out all customers efficiently.
9. Each associate is expected to carry out all reasonable requests by management which the associate is capable of performing.
10. Operate MARSHA and Opera systems including able to take same day reservations and know how to enter a reservation in MARSHA.
11. Perform guest registration and room assignment and accommodate special requests of all guests.
12. Be knowledgeable about Marriott Rewards and other frequent traveller programs. Responsible to scout for new Marriott Rewards members on daily basis.
13. Understand all hospitality guidelines and abide by its policies and procedures.
14. Answer the phones according to the standards of proper etiquette and as fast as possible (within 3 rings).
15. Handle mail and messages properly and on a confidential basis.
16. Know how to handle the procedures of opening/closing of safe deposit boxes.
17. Ensure the front desk and back office areas are clean at all times. Utilize spare time to upkeep and tidy the work area. Keep computer equipment clean and free from dust at all times.
18. Assist all guests with their problems and questions. Ensure that all guests’ problems are resolved by using the “L.E.A.R.N.” process.
19. Assist fellow associates in their jobs to ensure that all jobs are done on time or by end of each shift.
20. Have knowledge about all emergency procedures and know how to act to them as and when necessary.
21. Use your computer systems password with discretion; log off the terminal when leaving the work area.
22. Have knowledge about the city, the local area and attractions to provide the guests with all requested information.
23. Ensure proper credit when checking out guests and provide the guests with a zero balance invoice.
24. Handle late charge according to the procedure.
25. Bank out at the end of the shift by following the blind drop procedures strictly. The front desk manager will always verify the shift closing and enter the drop in the system.
26. When leaving the front desk area, it is mandatory for the cashier to lock his/her cash drawer.
27. At all times strive to represent Marriott in the most professional manner.
28. Be disciplined and alert at all times while at the front desk. Be proactive and greet guests immediately and act before being asked. Focus on guests needs when attending to them.
29. Perform all three shifts (AM, PM, Night), and complete the shift checklist to ensure smooth running of daily front desk operations.
30. Ability to deal with the public in a professional and courteous manner.
31. Ability to communicate with all managers and supervisors and fellow associates.
32. Have sound knowledge of English and local language.
33. Ability to handle conflict situation in professional manner.
34. Be highly familiar with all emergency procedures, bomb threat, fire alarm, death and evacuation plans.
35. Empowered to serve our guests by using the compensation guidelines.
36. Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by management.