Jan 23, 2018Job Number
Finance and AccountingLocation
The Westin Seattle, Seattle, Washington VIEW ON MAPBrand
Westin Hotels & ResortsSchedule
Start Your Journey With Us
At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being, and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you’re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
The Westin Seattle is looking for an Accounting Coordinator who will have General Cashier and Accounting Generalist responsibilities performing miscellaneous accounting activities, including but not limited to:
- Regular bank audits and cash handling
- Payment of third party vendors
- Effectively communicate with vendors, hotel users, and above property shared services
- Review A/P software reports on a daily basis to ensure accuracy and timely payment of vendors.
- Assist with reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts on a daily basis
- Prepare daily and monthly journal entries necessary to complete financial statements including reports
- Assist with special projects given by the Director of Finance
- Assist with Accountant responsibilities such as Labor Review reports and Collective Bargaining Agreement payments
The individual must also possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must have good communications skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills, as well as budgetary analysis capabilities
- Ability to prepare and analyze data, figures, and transcriptions
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited information exists
The individual must have the following qualifications to be considered:
- High School or equivalent education, however, Bachelor's Degree is preferred
- Minimum of two college Accounting classes
- One to two years accounting experience
Other Requirements: follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets; protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers. Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner. Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones and emails using appropriate etiquette. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.