Sales Manager Main European markets, Middle East & Russia
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18000770
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location W Barcelona, Barcelona, Barcelona VIEW ON MAP
Brand W Hotels
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
We share our guests’ passions, providing insider access to what’s new and what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.
The W Sales Manager is responsible for Developing and maintaining key Mice, Leisure/Fit, Corporate (Group and Transient) and Entertainment accounts through attendance at travel and related industry meetings, trade shows, personal sales calls and sales blitz actions. The person is a highly motivated, organized, and enjoys interacting with guests.
This position requires a high degree of self-motivation and the ability to work unsupervised using own initiative.
Monitoring and Follow up of Sales Strategies within the mentioned different segments, focusing on Mice and Corporate contracting. Assisting the Director of Sales in the preparation of sales strategies, budget and business plan.
Proactively uncovering new prospects and maximizing conversion of business in line with Hotel’s budgetary goals.
Ensuring the maintenance and the development of contracted accounts in all mentioned segments. The responsibilities include maintaining relationships with key accounts and sourcing new business opportunities.
The W Sales Manager is required to solicit group & corporate business through telephone solicitation, outside sales calls, site inspections. Conduct Site Inspections and organizes Familiarization Trips whilst assisting with projects and reports. Participate in daily departmental meeting, trainings and other sales related meetings as required. Works with other departments within the hotel and key contacts at Marriott International Global Sales Office locations to provide quality service to customers.
Develops and maintains knowledge of market trends, competition set and customers.
Supervising and educating trainees.
SALES FUNCTIONS :
· Under the guidance of the Director of Sales, responsible for maximizing Rooms / F&B / Conference and Banqueting business from a defined geographic source of business.
· Proactively uncovering new prospects and maximizing conversion of business in line with the Hotel’s budgetary goals.
· Looks after Corporate and MICE market segments, including FIT contracting & including FIT training for all markets, as well as looking after the Entertainment business.
· Responsible for the contracting of business in these markets and achieving the expectations set in the corresponding segments.
· Solicits new and existing accounts to meet/exceed revenue goals through GSO’s, telephone solicitation, outside sales calls, site inspections and written communication.
· Prepare correspondence to customers, internal booking reports and file maintenance.
· In charge for groups follow up and responsible for the buddy system depending on the market.
· Works with other departments within the hotel to provide quality service to customers.
· Attends trade shows , workshops, Fam Trips , sales blitzes and give trainings
· Support/Promotion of corporate programs such SPG Pro Business, SPG Pro, SPG Promotions,Team Hot and MI Leads.
· Develops/maintains knowledge of market trends, competition and customers.
· Responsible for sales department statistics. Supervise completion of reports.
· Maintain Company Brand Standards within the hotel.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
· Participate as a team player with all departments.
· Assist with projects and reports.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace and in the segmented markets
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the employee acting as a team player. There is minimal direct supervision.
- Knowledge of sales skills.
- Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel. Good knowledge of Opera Sales & Catering & PMS systems in order to be competent in checking bedroom and meeting space availability.
- Ability to assess/evaluate performance fairly.
- Knowledge of hotel and competitive environment
- Desire to participate as part of a team.
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- Fluent in Spanish and English, both spoken and written.
- Comfortable and confident in taking the lead and managing a team and able to handle any pressure situation that may arise
- Excellent presentation skills
- Self motivated, hard working and possessing excellent leadership skills.
The typical working schedule of the W Sales Manager is from Monday to Friday from 09.00 AM to 18.00 PM but must be flexible depending on travel, events taking place and client visits.
- Workspace with laptop with Opera and Internet access.
- E-mail access.
- Business Cards.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Marriott International standards.