Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180006UL
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
We are currently recruiting for a Housekeeping Porter to join our Housekeeping Team at the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa.
Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa is one of Scotland's leading 5 star hotels. As the largest 5 star hotel, we also have the biggest banqueting and meeting facilities of any hotel in Edinburgh with a capacity of up to 500 and our One Square Restaurant and bar.
Act as a liaison between Housekeeping, Guests and other departments to ensure a positive hotel experience for guest rooms and public areas. This position provides a visible and accessible floor presence in order to anticipate, understand and act upon Housekeeping associates’ needs. The position responds to guest requests on the floor and additionally will assist the Executive Housekeeper with day-to-day operations of the housekeeping departments.
· To ensure that all areas under his/her control are maintained to the highest standards of cleanliness and tidiness.
· Collection and delivery of guest laundry in a timely and efficient manner.
· Responsible for delivery, collection and making up of cots to required standard.
· Responsible for maintaining standards of irons and ironing boards.
· Delivery of, duvets, pillows and bedboards and maintaining service area supplies as required.
· Responsible for ensuring service areas and lifts are clean and well maintained at all times, removing any rubbish, dirty crockery, glassware etc.
· Assist in training new porters as and when required.
· Answering pager and dealing with all requests and general housekeeping enquiries
Our ideal candidate will project a pleasant and positive professional image to all contacts at all times.
You will have experience within a Housekeeping department within a 5 star environment. Our expectations of you will be that you are able to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team and have a strong desire to improve on your skills and knowledge.
You will join a fun loving and passionate team who excel in delivering world class standards and live and breathe the brands standards.
In return we offer you a competitive salary as well as unlimited career opportunities, industry leading benefits (including: Uniform, complimentary laundry, free meals on duty) and an environment where your development is our priority. We offer a monthly training calendar full of developmental courses designed to aid career progression.