Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180006PW
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
To work with the food and beverage team to ensure achievement of strategic departmental goals, especially in the area of guest satisfaction. To deliver an excellent food and beverage experience with skill, efficiency and passion for food and beverage in line with departmental SOPs. You will be required to work a variety of shifts across the F&B Operating departments in mainly In Room Dining, Club Lounge and Spa Cafe. You must also use your experience to develop relationships with our regular hotel guests. This role will require early, late and split cover and will operate on a 30-40 hour per week basis.
- Provide excellent guest service by discovering all of our guests needs and acting on these needs promptly, effectively and with confidence.
- Preparing beverages that exceed our customer’s expectations at a speed that meets the expectations of our clients
- Prepare beverages in an efficient, hygienic and systematic manner ensuring at all times to Clean as You Go
- Liaise and communicate effectively with the floor team to ensure the necessary seamless transfer of information required for effective floor service.
- To be fully conversant with all IRD, Club Lounge & Spa Cafe policies and procedures.
- To provide a warm welcoming experience for our guests evidenced by the personal service provided and by ensuring at all times the bar area looks clean, tidy and professional
- To stay current with Beverage trends to ensure that the IRD, Club Lounge & Spa Cafe are at all times ahead or at least on trend
- Ensure full liaison with other members of the Food & Beverage team
Strong communication with the Kitchen and Front Office
- Food & Beverage Service Experience required
- Previous experience in a client facing role within a luxury five star environment a distinct advantage
- Requires good communication skills, and excellent written and spoken English
- Flexible and adaptable approach to working hours
- Must be able to memorise our regular Guests on sight.
- Thorough knowledge of wines, spirits coffee preparation
- Must have the ability to operate in a fast paced environment whilst maintaining the up most professionalism
- Must have excellent, instinctive customer service skills and interact with guests from all backgrounds and cultures.
BenefitsIn return we offer you a competitive salary a share in Tips and Service Charge as well as unlimited career opportunities, industry leading benefits (including: Uniform, complimentary laundry, free meals on duty) and an environment where your development is our priority. We offer a monthly training calendar full of developmental courses designed to aid career progression