General Manager - Sky Bar
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 1800056Q
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Bangkok EDITION, Bangkok, Thailand VIEW ON MAP
Brand Edition Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
EDITION Hotels combine the visionary genius of boutique hotelier Ian Schrager, the service delivery of a world-class luxury hotel, and the global reach of Marriott International to create an entirely new experience in the world of hospitality. Our hotels are stunning microcosms of the world's top cities, featuring the finest in dining, entertainment, nightlife, and service to create an enchanting experience that makes your spirit soar!
But to create this magical experience, we need you.
EDITION is hiring warm, out-going, authentically amazing people who are looking for a place to work that inspires them, challenges them and makes them proud to come to work. A place where service comes from the heart, not from a handbook. A place that delivers a never-ending theatrical performance that continuously delights and enchants each and every one of our guests.
We invite you to join us today.
We believe in creating something that people remember, not just providing a place to stay the night. Our jobs aren’t just about putting drinks on the table that our guests will enjoy until they ask for another. Instead, we want to build an experience – with drinks on the side. We want our employees to own their space as both a social director and a beverage enthusiast, an innovator and a relationship builder, a multi-tasker and a perfectionist. And we want you to ensure we deliver on this seamlessly. Each and every time.
As the Night Club General Manager, you are responsible for creating the same experience for our employees that we expect for them to deliver to our guests. You will create a scene that is like nothing anyone has experienced before - merge the innovative with the local in a way that is unique and engaging. You’ll use your passion for your craft and skill in leading others to enable our employees to continually redefine their best and our guests to keep coming back for more. Your knowledge of and relationships in the community help bring the outside in – both in the products we offer and the customers we attract – enabling locals to join in the experience with our guests. All of this focus is to help unlock the potential of the business and drive stellar financial performance. Because when it’s all said and done, you have everything in perfect alignment and deliver the results we need – for our property, our employees, and our guests.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years of food and beverage, nightclub, or related professional experience, preferably in a boutique or high-end bar or night club environment. Familiarity with the entertainment industry and demonstrated ability to make connections with high-profile clientele preferred.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major and 2 years of experience in the food and beverage, nightclub, or related professional area, preferably in a boutique or high-end bar or night club environment. Familiarity with the entertainment industry and demonstrated ability to make connections with high-profile clientele preferred.
Skills and Knowledge
• Being a Brand Champion – Has a deep understanding of the brand and a passion for delivering on brand values that is contagious. Helps others build their knowledge and expertise on target customers and how to successfully execute both brand and operational standards.
• Raising the Bar on Customer Service – Knows what it takes to deliver exceptional service for customers, continually diagnosing and evaluating customer needs so they can be met time and time again. Makes sure that employees provide quality service that produces high levels of guest satisfaction consistently and effectively.
• Acting as a Financial Steward - Determines how money will be spent to get the work done and accounts for expenditures. Knows how to effectively manage and use funds to meet business needs in a way that aligns with brand expectations.
• Managing the Business – Knows the business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership, production methods, and coordination of people and resources. Applies this knowledge to successfully balance all aspects of the business to deliver needed results.
• Driving Business Results – Understands market dynamics, market-level objectives, and important aspects of the company’s business to accurately diagnose strengths and weaknesses, anticipate opportunities and risks, identify issues, and develop strategies and plans. Aligns what employees and teams do with strategies and plans to achieve business outcomes.
• Managing Resources – Obtains resources (equipment, facilities, materials, etc.) needed to deliver on business commitments and ensures they are used appropriately.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Bar/Night Club Operations
• Manage the beverage and food services for on property Night Club, and implement steps to reach and achieve necessary results while staying true to brand values.
• Organize events and promotions for the Night Club that are the envy of the competition. We want to draw our customers from both the hotel and the local area while remaining consistent with business needs and brand proof points.
• Craft menus that are unique and inspired while providing an uncommonly authentic experience.
• This work requires a tremendous amount of control – whether that is local, state, and Federal liquor laws, or company policies, standards, and procedures.
• You are responsible for ensuring the Night Club is managed appropriately, that the staff is knowledgeable, trained, and compliant in every facet of their job. This extends not only to the liquor itself, but also to the cash and financial information that you and your staff come into contact with, as well as loss prevention and safety. All of these are key to making sure beverage operations are executed flawlessly and are table stakes for everything that follows.
• Serve as both a change leader and a change facilitator, championing new ideas and innovative approaches to stay relevant.
• Encourage creativity and take calculated risks by exploring new revenue opportunities in order to improve business outcomes.
• Success will require active engagement in projects as needed to facilitate highly successful Night Club operations.
• Participate in the management of department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Own and control inventory and payroll costs for the Night Club, with a thorough understanding of Night Club operations (e.g., perpetual inventory, bar pars, portion control, beverage potentials, etc.).
Leading Night Club Team
• Meet with your team regularly to understand their needs and help them meet their goals. Use those opportunities to set expectations and build brand awareness.
• Partner with employees to build and hold them accountable for achieving business goals, as well as development plans based on their individual strengths, development needs, career aspirations, and abilities.
• Create an environment where employees know they are valued, ensuring fair treatment and respect. Build a culture of open communication, spends time with employees on the frontlines, and be available for them (“open door policy”).
• Give the brand a voice and showcase for the team how brand values can be translated into successful business operations. Model a passion for the brand that energizes and inspires employees.
• Set the tone for the team to follow and provides the tools (training, staffing, supplies, products) necessary to achieve and surpass business objectives.
• Provide the vision and direction needed to bring the Night Club team together in a way that will be efficient and effective at achieving customer satisfaction and financial goals.
• Prepare the Night Club team by providing all necessary information regarding promotions and special events.
• Facilitate preplanning, managing, and execution efforts for large group events held in the night club.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Set the Night Club for guest hospitality and beverage services and deliver a welcoming social experience that others want to outdo.
• Exemplify exceptional guest service and create a positive and exciting atmosphere for guests.
• Stay on the pulse of what is happening in the Night Club, and in the local area. Meet with guests to get their feedback and use that to continually up the ante on our products, services, events, and offerings.
• Observe our employees and give feedback to ensure we are delivering on our guest promise and brand values consistently.
• Lead by example and acts as the model of the exceptional customer service that the team can follow.
• Continually train staff in handling guest problems and complaints, and stepping in to be a solution facilitator as necessary.
Conducting Human Resource (HR) Activities
• Your work at building a high functioning team does not end with interviewing and hiring employees with the skills necessary to meet business needs and embody the brand values. Instead, you will manage associates, providing coaching and counseling, evaluating strengths and opportunities and training and mentoring team members for future promotion possibilities.
• Develop, implement, and maintain a departmental orientation program to ensure employees understand how to successfully perform their job in line with expectations for the property, function, and brand.
• Follow the performance appraisal process for managers and give them regular feedback on their performance.
• Ensure all property policies are administered fairly and consistently, and bring issues to HR as needed.
• Ensure disciplinary process and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
• Ensure training classes are completed successfully and reinforce training concepts and brand values on an ongoing basis.
• Use the Labor Management System to effectively schedule according to business demands and to track employee time and attendance.