Club Lounge Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180003Q8
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen’s Park, Bangkok, Thailand VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Creates a unique guest experience that draws hotel and non-hotel guests. Plays a significant role in maximizing financial performance and attracting hotel and non-hotel guests by understanding the local market and effectively positioning the outlet. Is heavily involved with promoting the bar/lounge, menu planning, maintaining standards, assisting servers on the floor during peak periods and managing property liquor inventories and controls. Manages Bar/Lounge daily shift operations and supervision of staff. Strives for high guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Accountable for promoting compliance with legal obligations professionally and consistently. Determines and implements training needed to accomplish goals. Strengthens the Food and Beverage/Culinary team by assisting in other outlets when needed.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Taking an Entrepreneurial Approach to Driving the Bar/Lounge Business
• Understands financial opportunities by surveying restaurant demand.
• Confers with key individuals in the local community to assess opportunities while identifiying and analyzing competitors.
• Controls purchases and inventory, negotiates prices and contracts, develops preferred supplier lists, reviews and evaluates usage reports and takes corrective action as necessary.
• Applies sound revenue management strategies to secure the right level of business at the most optimal time to yield maximum revenues.
Leading Significant Marketing/Public Relations/Media Activities
• Attracts guests by developing and implementing marketing, advertising, public and community relations programs, evaluating program results and identifying and tracking changing demands.
• Owns bar/lounge related social media posts and public event communications; monitors social media activity; responds to comments; analyzes posts/trends; corrects deficiencies
• Creates network of sources to enable outreach and event opportunities.
• Serves as the primary point of contact for any events or bar/lounge related community activities.
• Interacts with liquor purveyors and purchases wine, beer and spirits for the outlets.Coordinates and books entertainment and events.
• Handles the set-up and execution of all events to promote a world-class experience.
• Participates in local networking activities that often take place off-property.
• Activates specific brand strategies geared toward the customer experience.
Managing Bar/Lounge Operations
• Implements agreed upon beverage policy and procedures throughout the property.
• Manages the bar/lounge in compliance with all local, state and Federal beverage and liquor laws.
• Monitors adherence to liquor control policies and procedures.
• Monitors compliance with all Bar/Lounge policies, standards and procedures.
• Maintains and monitors all collateral, menus and guest touch points such that all are pristine and free of tears, stains and noticeable wear and tear.
• Understands beverage control including, but not limited to: days on hand, perpetual inventory, bar pars, portion control, costs controls, beverage potentials, mix of sales analysis for beverage, issue & returns, food standards, and period end inventory.
• Attends pre- and post-convention meetings as needed to understand group needs.
• Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
• Participates in the management of the department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Achieves or exceeds budgeted goals.
• Maintains food handling and sanitation standards.
• Manages inventories according to budget and business levels.
• Assists with developing menus and promotions, as necessary.
• Communicates critical information to the Bar/Lounge staff regarding each event.
• Monitors ambiance/atmosphere (e.g., lighting, music, table-top, etc.) is appropriate for Bar/Lounge concept, positioning, time of day, etc.
• Manages entertainment and activation process to ensure it is appropriate for brand strategy.
Fostering an Environment that Creates Exciting and Memorable Guest Experiences
• Creates long-term professional relationships with guest clientele.
• Provides and empowers employees to provide excellent customer service
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Responds effectively to guest problems and complaints.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
• Provides feedback to individuals in an effort to improve service performance.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees and takes next steps as appropriate.
Managing Human Resource Activities
• Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
• Trains staff on liquor control policies and procedures.
• Manages staffing levels to meet guest service standards, operational needs and financial objectives.
• Promotes employee understanding of expectations and the work.
• Actively participates in the hiring process to identify the right talent to support the outlet’s concept.
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Facilitates the fair and equal treatment of employees
• Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Monitors employee attendance of on-going training to understand guest expectations.