At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Located at the forefront of Dubai’s most prominent thoroughfare, the Sheraton Grand Hotel seamlessly connects to the heart of the booming business district. Our hotel is just across from the Dubai World Trade Centre and within walking distance of the Dubai Convention Centre. A short drive will take you to DIFC, Dubai Mall, or downtown, and Dubai International Airport (DXB) is 10 kilometers away. Standing 53 stories tall, the hotel comprises 474 guest rooms and suites, as well as 180 one- to three-bedroom serviced apartments. All accommodations span at least 36 square meters and feature the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper® Bed. Our expansive conference center boasts meeting rooms with natural illumination and state-of-the-art audiovisual technology. The Sheraton Grand Hotel also offers a Sheraton Club Lounge that has extensive services and exciting 31st-floor views.
As Housekeeping Supervisor in the department you will be responsible to overview the room attendants, public areas and as a team achieve the operational and financial targets while ensuring that the standards of cleanliness and maintenance of the hotel meet the requirements specified.
- Daily supervision of room Attendants or public areas attendants to ensure the delivery of our standards.
- Focus on communicating to team and attending training and coaching.
- Gain perfect knowledge of the operations of the hotel. What, Where and When it is going on.
- Prepare task assignments for the morning of room Attendant and public areas. Prepare turn down reports.
- Communication skills as will need to communicate with key departments for the operation, and with guest and different members of the Housekeeping department.
- Follow up special request from guest.
- Control and supervise every day the area allocated in which the supervisor will have direct control.
- Ready to rotate in different areas and shifts of the housekeeping department.
- Able to work in high cleaning of the rooms and public areas.
- Conduct every day buzz meeting with Housekeeping Attendants.
- Follow up Lost Property, laundry guest, special guest request, flower orders and so one.
- Hands on person that leads by example.
- Previous minor supervisory experiences within the Housekeeping Department of a hotel.
- Good command of written and spoken English communication skills, along with strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
- Computer literacy and previous experiences with Opera are an advantage.
- Totally embrace the philosophy of guest and customer service and own the guests.
- Possess a warm and friendly demeanor.
- Strive to achieve satisfaction and delight of internal and external customers.
- Are detail oriented and hands on.
- Have the potential to develop into a leader, motivate and develop self and other associates.
- Demonstrate self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
PSYCHICAL CONDITION REQUIRED FOR YOUR ROLE
- Ability to lift and move heavy objects.
- Ability to climb stairs and run high cleaning tasks.
- Ability to walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to work outdoor in all temperatures and weather conditions.
- Ability to tolerate any personal protective equipment.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.