General Manager - Nightlife - The Abu Dhabi EDITION
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 17002VK9
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Abu Dhabi EDITION, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Edition Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
EDITION Hotels combine the visionary genius of boutique hotelier Ian Schrager, the service delivery of a world-class luxury hotel, and the global reach of Marriott International to create an entirely new experience in the world of hospitality. Our hotels are stunning microcosms of the world's top cities, featuring the finest in dining, entertainment, nightlife, and service to create an enchanting experience that makes your spirit soar!
But to create this magical experience, we need you.
EDITION is hiring warm, out-going, authentically amazing people who are looking for a place to work that inspires them, challenges them and makes them proud to come to work. A place where service comes from the heart, not from a handbook. A place that delivers a never-ending theatrical performance that continuously delights and enchants each and every one of our guests.
We invite you to join us today.
Assists in establishing and implementing operational, service, and sales strategies for property bars and night club venues. Networks with high profile clientele and creates non-traditional selling and Public Relations events that generate high revenues. Creates an atmosphere that represents and enhances the EDITION brand presence. Orchestrates events that create awareness, understanding and interest through distinctive use of social networking media and coverage in lifestyle publications that target high-profile and high-end clientele. Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales and service process and focuses on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of sales objectives. Develops and leverages local networks to bring the right business to the bars, nightclub venues, restaurants and event spaces, as well as, establishes and maintains high levels of exposure and visibility for the property.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 6 years’ experience in the related professional area.OR
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 4 years’ experience in the food and beverage, culinary, event management, or related professional area.
• 4-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major.
• 6 years’ experience in bar operations, in a boutique or high-end bar or night club environment.
• Familiarity with the entertainment industry and demonstrated ability to make connections with high-profile clientele.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Driving Bar/Night Club Sales and Marketing Strategy Development and Execution:
• Develops and executes a comprehensive Bar and Night Club program leveraging knowledge of mixology and entertainment concepts to create a memorable and unique customer experience.
• Develops pre-opening sales and marketing goals and strategies, business positioning of the bar and night club, and other outlets, and ensures alignment with the brand business strategy.
• Develops sales, marketing and public relations (PR) goals and strategies that maximize revenues and market penetration and are consistent with the brand business strategy.
• Verifies sales and marketing strategies focus on high profile leisure sales, high value events, and targets “high-profile” guests and companies.
• Executes the sales strategy and ensures bar/night club goals are met for both self and employees.
• Assesses market position and recommends product and service needs and changes necessary to meet sales and marketing objectives consistent with brand goals.
• Directs and manages sales to maximize profits.
• Develops and implements marketing policies, plans and procedures.
• Assists in establishing and implementing operational, service, and sales strategies for property bars and night club venues.
• Creates an atmosphere that represents and enhances the EDITION brand presence.
Directing Bar/Night Club Marketing and Public Relations Activities:
• Makes final decisions related to bar and night club activities and events.
• Identifies ”high profile" guests and companies, and determines the best way to communicate and market to them.
• Leverages traditional communications and social networking media (e.g., Twitter, blogs, phone texting) to build and maintain relationships with clientele.
• Partners with the corporate EDITION brand team and brand ‘partners’ to determine and develop marketing communication strategy and tactics.
• Creates and sustains public relations, advertising, and promotional programs.
• Coordinates and executes sales presentations, customer meetings, property tours and site inspections prior to key events, as required.
• Develops strong partnerships with local public relations and media firms to further increase brand/product awareness.
• Identifies public relations opportunities and coordinates activities to augment the overall marketing communication strategy.
• Contributes to the development of innovative marketing ideas for the bars/night clubs/ property to establish and maintain high levels of exposure and visibility for the hotel to grow market share.
• Identifies, develops, and evaluates marketing strategy, based on knowledge of established objectives, market characteristics, and cost and markup factors.
• Works with the corporate EDITION team for approval and guidance on all guest facing marketing (mostly direct mail/econnects) and major PR events.
• Networks with high profile clientele and creates non-traditional selling and Public Relations events that generate high revenues.
• Orchestrates events that create awareness, understanding and interest through distinctive use of social networking media and coverage in lifestyle publications that target high-profile and high-end clientele.
• Develops and leverages local networks to bring the right business to the bars, nightclub venues, restaurants and event spaces, as well as, establishes and maintains high levels of exposure and visibility for the property.
Assisting Bar/Night Club Area Operations:
• Guides security/doorman on degree of control of access to bar and night club areas.
• Understands beverage control including days on hand, perpetual inventory, bar pars, portion control, costs controls, beverage potentials, mix of sales analysis for beverage, issue & returns, food standards, and period end inventory.
• Monitors adherence to all liquor control policies and procedures (e.g., local, state, and country beverage and liquor laws).
• Implements agreed upon beverage policy and procedures throughout the hotel.
• Verifies compliance with all Bar/Night Club policies, standards and procedures.
Assisting Bar/Night Club Area Team:
• Guides employees on liquor control policies and procedures.
• Guides employees in security and crowd control procedures and appropriate customer etiquette regarding access to Bar/Night Club areas.
• Supervises employees staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Verifies employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Communicates critical information to the Bar, Night Club, and Pool area employees regarding events.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service:
• Executes and supports EDITION’s Customer Service Standards.
• Participates in and practices the values, ideals, and ethos of the brand.
• Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to EDITION.
• Gains understanding of the hotel’s primary target customer and service expectations; serve the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solutions both prior to, and during the program/event.
• Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales and service process and focuses on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of sales objectives.
• Partners with Human Resources to attract, hire, develop, and retain the right people in order to support the strategic priorities of the market.
• Ensures effective structures, processes, jobs and performance management systems are in place.
• Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the Leadership Performance Process (LPP), align performance and rewards, appropriately address performance issues and hold employees accountable for successful results.
• Forecasts talent needs and manage department talent acquisition strategy with HR to minimize lost time due to turnover.
• Keeps an active list of the competition’s best sales people and execute a recruitment and acquisition plan with HR.
• Supports tools and training resources to educate sales employees on winning catering solutions.
• Champions leadership development and workforce planning priorities by assessing, selecting, retaining and developing diverse, high-caliber talent that can lead the organization today and strengthen the leadership bench for the future; work with HR to anticipate future talent needs based on business growth plans.
• Utilizes all available on the job training tools for employees.
Analyzing and Reporting on Financial and Sales Data:
• Provides customer intelligence in evaluating the market and economic trends that may lead to changes in sales strategy to meet or exceed customer expectations.
• Reviews the STAR report, competitive shopping reports and uses other resources to maintain an awareness of the bar’s/night club’s market position.
• Researches competitor’s sales team strategies to identify ways to grow customer base.
• Verifies successful performance by increasing revenues, controlling expenses and providing a return on investment for the owner and EDITION International.
• Monitors period-end reports and provide feedback to Executive Committee.
• Manages operating budget and forecasting to enable specific campaigns, promotions and collateral to drive revenue and meet bar/night club objectives.
• Informs and/or update the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Order and purchase equipment and supplies.
• Works with Human Resources, Engineering and Security to ensure compliance with local regulation and requirements.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.