Director of Spa - The Abu Dhabi EDITION
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 17002VIX
Job Category Spa
Location The Abu Dhabi EDITION, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Edition Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
EDITION Hotels combine the visionary genius of boutique hotelier Ian Schrager, the service delivery of a world-class luxury hotel, and the global reach of Marriott International to create an entirely new experience in the world of hospitality. Our hotels are stunning microcosms of the world's top cities, featuring the finest in dining, entertainment, nightlife, and service to create an enchanting experience that makes your spirit soar!
But to create this magical experience, we need you.
EDITION is hiring warm, out-going, authentically amazing people who are looking for a place to work that inspires them, challenges them and makes them proud to come to work. A place where service comes from the heart, not from a handbook. A place that delivers a never-ending theatrical performance that continuously delights and enchants each and every one of our guests.
We invite you to join us today.
Responsible for managing and supervising all areas of the spa, including its programs, services, hours of operation, facilities and staff. Coordinates the delivery of spa services, including salon, skin care, fitness and wellness, massage, program coordinating, reservations, reception desk and locker room areas. As a department head, directs and works with the management team and hourly employees to successfully execute all spa operations. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the spa, guest services, front desk, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the spa, guest services, front desk, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Spa Operations and Budgets
• Selects vendors for spa retail operations and managing contract agreements.
• Oversees retail product research, product selection and purchasing, product display.
• Manages supply inventories and purchasing control, including uniforms.
• Monitors the spa's actual and projected sales to ensure revenue goals are met or exceeded.
• Maintains cleanliness of spa and related areas and equipment.
Managing Spa Sales and Marketing Strategy
• Creates and coordinates special services for groups including group gifting programs, group amenities, group turndown gifts, letters and invitations, creating special spa services for specific groups and spa contract addendum negotiation.
• Develops and Manages spa promotions including gifting programs, gift with purchase, co-op marketing efforts and holiday events.
• Ensures spa services are included in all property-related marketing and advertising.
• Identifies and recommending new products and product enhancements to remain competitive in the market.
Managing Spa Revenue Management Strategy
• Monitors and Manages the payroll function.
• Manages areas of operation to budget by reviewing operating statements, budget worksheets and payroll progress reports.
• Manages Spa controllable expenses such guest amenities, linen expense, professional salon products, plants, decorations and paper supplies to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
Ensuring and Delivering Exceptional Customer Service
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifying excellent customer service, and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Strives to improve service performance.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
• Reviews findings with employees to develop appropriate corrective action, sharing plans with property leadership and ensuring corrective action is taken to continuously improve results.
• Interviews and hires management and hourly employees with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the operation.
• Develops, implements and maintains a Spa orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Administers the performance appraisal process for direct report managers.
• Develops business goals and creates appropriate development plans.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensuring employees do the same within the team.
• Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy and reviewing employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Ensures that regular on-going communication is happening in all areas of responsibility to create awareness of business objectives and communicates expectations, recognizing performance, and producing desired business results.
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.