Digital PR Manager - UK & Ireland
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 17002V9D
Job Category Public Relations & Communications
Location W London - Leicester Square, London, Greater London VIEW ON MAP
Brand W Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Digital PR Manager
We are looking for a talented Digital PR Manager to develop and oversee Area Online PR strategy for Marriott International in the UK & Ireland with the goal of positioning the hotels and brands in the Area in local top-tier websites, blogs and social media channels. Position reports to Director of Communications UK & Ireland.
The contract is for 1 year (till end of 2018) with potential to extend
Based in London
CORE FOCUS AREAS
· Annual Digital PR Strategy. Develop full-year Online PR strategy to support overall Area PR strategy, including individual online PR strategies for each hotel, in collaboration with Marketing and Digital Hub. Strategy should include ideas that drive blogger/online coverage for F&B offers/promotions, hotel packages and tactical campaigns and interesting angles for hotels in local market which may lack news.
· Digital Media Relations. Develop strong relationships with the Digital & Web Editors of the national newspaper websites and top-tier digital lifestyle magazines. Maintain constant engagement with them to ensure that Marriott International, its brands and hotels remind top of mind and have strong visibility on these earned channels.
· Digital Influencers Relations. Cultivate strong relationships with top-tier travel and culture (fashion, music, art, design, food/wine, wellness) digital influencers. Maintain consistent engagement with digital influencers to ensure that the brands and hotels remain top of mind. Maintain a database of key media influencers contacts in local market.
· Digital Influencers Database. Build database of digital influencers based on the following criteria: high level of influence (high Klout score, number of Twitter/Facebook followers), engagement of their audience, relevant/meaningful content, amplification of coverage (through various channels) and a target audience that shares our brand passion points.
· Digital Influencers Materials. Oversee development, approvals and/or updating of digital influencers materials, including digital releases and digital influencers bible as well as sharing of photos and rich media content for hotels in the Area. Prepare digital influencers briefing materials and messaging/positioning documents for GMs/Area GMs in preparation for media interviews.
· Digital Influencers Visits. Organise and host inbound international digital influencers visits to local hotels. Organise and host outbound digital influencers trips to international priority properties
· Content Creation. Collaborate with local marketing hub to create digital assets that are news-worthy and relevant for earned online media channels. Pitch and place this digital content on top-tier online outlets and in brand-relevant blogs.
· Social Media. Use social media channels to engage with journalists in local market and join conversations online (e.g. monitor blogs/Instagram/Twitter feeds of top-tier media for feature story opportunities and pitch media online when relevant). Join online travel forums and dialogues to ensure that our brands and our hotels are included editorially in relevant conversations. Create social media Editorial Calendars for major events and initiatives and alignment with Area Digital Hub to ensure consistent on-brand communications across the hotel’s social media channels.
· SEO. Leverage search engine optimisation (SEO) and online/Business Wire distribution of major press releases and support Continent Communications and brand strategy.
· Local Property Site. Develop and maintain a press page on each hotel’s local property site. Upload SEO press releases in a timely manner.
· Crisis Communications. Support crisis communications in Area, specifically as it relates to social media (work with Social Media Monitoring Team/ M Live to monitor online chatter and use approved responses for social media channels).
· Measurement. Measure results of online PR / digital influencers campaigns/programmes in alignment with key performance indicators (KPIs). Focus on top-tier online outlets, digital influencers and feature story blog coverage in local market. Regularly contribute to UK & Ireland PR recap reports following the successful completion of online / digital influencers campaigns and report back to hotels and Continent Communication Team.
· People development. Help educate and up skill other PR / Communications team members as well as colleagues working in other functions of the business about Digital PR.
· Competitor / Industry Knowledge. Keep up to date with the developments in the digital field in general and in the hospitality sector. Ensure that our brands and our hotels in the Area are editorially represented on new digital channels when relevant. Follow competing brands / hotels / restaurants / bars etc online and report learnings back to the wider team.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
· Minimum of 3-5 years public relations experience, with specific online expertise
· Experience with online media, digital influencers relations and social media
· Strong online media and digital influencers contacts within local market (travel, luxury, culture, food and drink)
· Strong team player
· Clear communicator with solid writing and messaging skills
· Experience in launching new products, services or brands online
· Experience managing external agencies a plus
· Proficiency in multiple languages a plus
· Ability to inspire confidence and gain credibility
· High degree of personal loyalty and integrity
· Well organised and able to multi-task and prioritise workload