Reservations Sales Agent
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 17002U3V
Job Category Reservations
Location Cape Town Marriott Hotel Crystal Towers, Cape Town, South Africa VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
- Ensure special handling of repeat guest and VIP guest reservations.
- Maintain cordial relations with all guests.
- Maintain inventory of the hotel.
- Update comments with relevant guest information.
- Bring to the attention of the Front Office Manager, when the hotel availability status is changed and prepare for necessary action.
- Dealing with all incoming enquiries regarding accommodation availability, rates, etc., as well as taking, processing and confirming these reservations.
- Dealing with all written correspondence or communications with regards to the above.
- Furnishing all relevant guests / clients with the necessary confirmation letters, or pro-forma invoices.
- Furnishing all relevant guests / agents with pro-forma invoices and following up on these, so as to ensure payments are received on or before their due dates.
- Collecting all travel agent vouchers and ensuring that the information on the voucher corresponds with that on Opera. Also ensuring all relevant paperwork is handed over to Front Office timeously.
- Maintaining guest history records as well as VIP profile list (company details, designations, etc.)
- Responsible for adherence to laid down procedures and standards, in order to achieve the highest possible occupancies & average room rates.
- Effective filing & carrying out of additional duties, as requested.
- Quality Assurance Assessment score with regards to the Reservations calls Standard Procedure is met or exceed the Group benchmark.
- Adhere to all procedures and guidelines i.e. Revenue Management Guidelines, Reservations procedures, credit policies and authorization procedures etc.
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent required.
- Similar experience, preferably within a 4 - 5* property.
- Opera and Marsha knowledge preferred.
- Must be GUEST and service driven.
- Ability to work accurately under pressure.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Time management skills are essential.
- Computer Literacy is essential. (Word, Outlook & Excel)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Well groomed, presentable and a professional manner.