Director of Groups & Events
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 17002TQX
Job Category Event Management
Location The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- To ensure knowledge and understanding of Opera & SIMS.
- To develop a good knowledge of ISAC, Opera Sales & Catering & PMS systems in order to be competent in checking bedroom availability and submit monthly results.
- To ensure writing and implementing FOE’s within the Banquet Sales Department
- To ensure that all group enquiries are entered into and reviewed on Group Optimiser in order to review suitability of business
- Ensure the standard template of responses is used and that enquiry handling follows the EAME Divisional Group/Event Enquiry handling guidelines.
- The ability to analyse market intelligence reports such as HIS
- Ensure correct application of enquiry form procedure. Timeline for response back to client is defined by client expectations, which will vary for each request and must be confirmed with client at time of enquiry. (Standard response time is within 24 hours of receiving enquiry)
- Identify operational limitations and sell only what we advertise and can effectively manage operationally
- Traces to be set for every enquiry after a maximum of 24 hours & ensure trace report is completed on a daily basis.
- Compile Contracts for all Group and Events associated business for authorised Hotel signatory
- Ensure that a copy of the proposal, contract and TLGO analysis are attached to the Business Block for future reference.
- Work closely with the SSO Group leaders and teams to action enquiries and convert business
- Actively use TEAMHOT as a means of referral, achieving agreed targets & work to exceed pre-set targets
- Actively use SPG Pro as appropriate & acquire full knowledgeable understanding of the program
- Actively sell the benefits of Stargroups to all clients in order to meet specific on line revenues
- To ensure that ISAC is being managed in a timely manner within the response time and all leads are updated accordingly
- To ensure the implementation of all Six Sigma projects related to his/her department
- To provide all requested credit information to credit manager including timely communication to client of credit policy, receipt of signed contract and deposit
- Attend daily events briefing providing accurate updates on details of bookings and enquiries
- To attend weekly sales meeting
- To attend weekly revenue strategy meeting chaired by the Director of Revenue Management
- To ensure tentative business block information is updated on a monthly basis & provide accurate updates to the DOS to present at the revenue strategy meeting
- Ensure regular updates in Opera on specific bookings within the 30/60/90 timeframe are provided in order to assist Director of Revenue Management & DOS&M in accurate forecasting
- Take responsibility & be empowered to make decisions in quoting for business, adhering to the pre-set strategic guidelines using tools available such as TLGO.
- Ensure site inspections are conducted in a methodical fashion adhering to the core standards of the department
- Take part in special projects as directed by the DOS