At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
To assist the Director of Security in ensuring the safety and security of guests, associates and the property. Security supervisor is responsible to supervise the training, working and performance of Security Guards and ensure compliance on safety & security policies of the hotel.
- To efficiently supervise and manage the Security Guards during his/her shift.
- To train Security Guards in all laid down drills & procedures related to safety & security standards in the hotel.
- Maintain and update all training records as directed by the Director.
- Ensure maintenance and upkeep of all security related equipment in the department.
- Bring into the notice of the Director any security breach by any associate in the hotel.
- Pin point the faults in any equipment to engineering and ensure fault rectification.
- To act as Liaison between the Security Department Administration in the absence of the Director of Security.
- Maintain Liaison with local Police Station, Fire Station and nearest Hospital.
- To deploy Security Guards during his Shift.
- To make periodic ‘Rounds’ of Sentry Posts to check alertness and compliance of Standing Orders.
- To periodically inspect serviceability of firefighting equipment in the hotel.
- Inspect the log of entry and exit of personnel, materials, vehicles and stores at the commencement of his duty and at the end of his duty.
- Be totally accountable for all happenings during his Shift.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Should look after the administration, welfare and man-management of Security Department.
- Should be capable of running the Security Department independently.
- Training in Fire Fighting, First Aid and Life Saving drills from a certified institution.
- Previous experience in security setup is mandatory.
- Totally embrace the philosophy of guest and customer service and own the guests.
- Identify yourself with the hotel’s brand and operating philosophy.
- Possess a warm and friendly demeanor.
- Strive to achieve satisfaction and delight of internal and external customers.
- Are detail oriented and hands on.
- Are a team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Have immaculate personal presentation e.g. grooming and conversational ability.
- Uphold ethical business practices.
Bachelor degree is required.
PSYCHICAL CONDITION REQUIRED FOR YOUR ROLE
- Should be physically fit with no disability and should be able to move around tirelessly to various corners of the hotel and reach to the scene of incident immediately.
- Should be quick at the uptake, grasp a situation and be able initiate appropriate action.
- Mentally alert and robust and should be able undergo sustained hard work under tiring conditions.