Restaurant Head Chef
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 17002PJ8
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Sheraton Grand London Park Lane, London, Greater London VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
TECHNICAL SKILLS & JOB CONTENT KNOWLEDGE
Skills and Knowledge unique to this position
· Knowledge of all F&B Standards quality presentation service and products including local health and sanitation standards.
· Estimates and communicates daily production needs
· Demonstrates proper and safe usage of all kitchen equipment
· Knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving, storage and sanitation
· Ability to assess quality control and adhere to service standards
· Responds appropriately to guests’ needs during the hours of operation
· Support the control of food cost
· Ability to assess quality control and adhere to service standards
· Ability to clearly define productivity standards with quality requirements and methods required to obtain them
· Be competent on the ADACO system involving placement of food orders and disposables
· Ensure that placement of all food orders are processed through the ADACO system on a daily basis by 11am in order to avoid excess delivery charges and unnecessary delays to productivity and food cost issues.
· Ensure that the dry store par levels are maintained and stocks are rotated effectively
· Check that all food venues orders are to the correct levels
· Ensure that the weekly rota is to the current levels in conjunction with the forecasted revenue and the ‘One Team One Rota’ is applicable when necessary.
· Support the goal of reducing working hours wherever possible and keeping control of lieu hours, holidays and Bank Holidays to the agreed levels.
· Ensure that effective monthly planning of holidays is in place to ensure good control.
· To ensure weekly contact with suppliers to ensure that seasonality of products are ensured
· Attend or have representation at all menu tastings with photographs where applicable.
· To be fully conversant and make good use of Microsoft Outlook e-mail system
· To ensure all current Marriott standards are updated in product.
· To ensure all Food & Beverage procedures and standards are as per the current European Minimum Standards
· To communicate and support the Food & Beverage development strategy and Culinary Calendar of all products
· Assessing potential candidates, interviewing and hiring all members of the restaurant kitchen team, including BI interviewing and line management of staff which includes organization and succession planning, staff development and appraisals.
· To support effectively and positively the operational changes, policies and procedures with direct reporting to the Executive Chef
· To effectively support the process of maintaining the products, progress with ideas and input
· To remain current with new concepts in Food & Beverage within and with our
· competitive set
· Review all procedures to ensure we are operating as efficiently as possible.
· All menu development costings and specifications for all restaurant related products, with the support and input from the kitchen team.
· Positively identify and acknowledge excellence in operations and maintain effective and appropriate liaisons with colleagues
· To understand cultural needs and expectations of different associates.
· To identify to the Executive Chef the potential candidates ready for promotion within the team
· To assist in the setting up and implementation of training records & IDP’s for all team members.
· To implement recipes and the process of photographing and SOP building of all products.
· Implement all necessary training requirements within the team to ensure continuous development
· Implement an annual training requirement for all the team to ensure all aspects are covered.
· All team members to have PMP appraisals
· To encourage attendance of any relevant computer training necessary.
· Encourage all team members to participate in culinary competitions in order to raise their personal profiles and the hotel.
· Encourage cross training of staff between sections within the main kitchen and adjoining outlets
· To conduct a minimum of 4 mystery shopping exercises with a junior member of staff for any relevant aspect of our business.
· Communicating effectively and building strong working relationships with other departments in the hotel to create a positive working environment. Understand cultural needs and expectations of associates and work individually with each person to realise their full potential.
· Actively participate in all daily Food & Beverage and applicable briefings
· Attend all Marriott metric meeting including Engagement Survey / GSS meetings.
· Attend and implement 2 monthly kitchen meetings.
· Communicate daily with the team to establish a clear understanding of your requirements and expectations
· Attend the Sous Chefs’ meetings
· Present the appropriate topics at staff meetings upon request
· To support the Food & Beverage food cost target, with good menu engineering procedures and productivity to ensure maximum profit
· To be aware of all health & safety regulations, fire procedures
· To ensure that each member of the team has the correct uniform available to them whilst working and that they are presentable and not in a poor state
· Maintain control of working hours with high levels of productivity and managing the product to suit the ability and resources available with a good control of lieu hours where necessary.
· To ensure that all Service culture training/ risk assessments/ HACCP/ food hygiene and any other mandatory training is up to date for self and all team members. Also important to support the training representative in the department to make sure all associates are compliant.
· To support effectively and positively any operational changes, policies and procedures with direct reporting to the Executive Chef. Support also the main kitchen/ larder teams in the Head Chef’s absence.
· Keep up to date with F&B related topics on MGS (EAME initiatives- like food pairings etc.)
INDIVIDUAL / PERSONAL
Service Career Orientation
· To support the GSS targets as agreed with the Executive Chef
· Understand Marriott Service Standards
· To advise the Executive Chef of guest complaints and initiate responses for approval from the Manager
· Be fully aware of the Brand Owners training courses that are applicable.
· Annually work with the training executive to co-ordinate all training opportunities for the team.
· Understand the importance of being up to date and knowledgeable about allergens & necessary procedures to ensure compliance with legislation. Ensure all pastry team are also compliant. Cater to the requirements of guests with allergens and make every effort to make like-for-like substitutes.
· To project a pleasant positive and professional image to all contacts at all times
· Coach and mentor your team to encourage consistent development and elevation within the company.
· Support all site inspections with any relevant food offerings and unique presentations
· Participating and include team participation with any Marriott charitable contributions to the local area
· To build network amongst fellow colleagues and be part of a relevant chefs association in order to continue the reputation installed within the hotel.
· Identify potential employees during the process of interviewing that have a proven track record and will have longevity.
· Understand and support all Marriott programs which are applicable to Food & Beverage
· Communicate and liaise with the Executive Chef for all operational issues, standards and procedures
· Engage with guest at all opportunities in understanding the needs and requirements for effectively especially any allergen or dietary requests.
· We are looking for a proven and experienced chef who has a solid hotel or equal 5 star background that can enhance the excellence established in the hotel.
· The ideal candidate must have had longevity in his or her CV that has achieved credible levels of respect within the chefs circles and has achieved in their past roles.
· This person will have to be an excellent mentor and trainer as development of young people is an essential part of the growth of our team.
· The person will need to be inspirational and a highly creative outlook and full conversed with current trends and outlook with very much emphasis on thinking beyond the convenient
· This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, creative chef who loves to work, teach develop a team of chefs.