Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 17002PEM
Job Category Loss Prevention & Security
Location Manila Marriott Hotel, Manila, Philippines VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
1. Evaluates and monitors engineering and maintenance works and ensures that proper safety procedures are followed.
2. Plans and implements an effective emergency preparedness and evacuation program in the event of fire and/or other emergencies
3. Ensures that the Company complies with all environmental regulations regarding hazardous substance handling and disposal.
4. Insures preparation and updating of Safety Manuals, training outlines and employee instructions for work deemed to have recognized hazards.
5. Develops safety policies, plans and procedures to minimize risks to the employees and guests.
6. Investigates health and safety complaints and ensures that the Company is in compliance with OSH Standards, Fire Code and the Building Code of the Philippines.
7. Resolves related complaints and draws up recommendations for corrective action and performs corresponding follow up to ensure that violations have been corrected accordingly.
8. Compiles, analyzes and interprets accident, injury and lost time statistics and cost data reports.
9. Reviews accidents and makes recommendation for prevention of similar future incidents.
10. Analyzes hazards and develops ergonomic risk assessments for both public and non-public areas.
11. Regularly inspects facilities and addresses or causes to be addressed safety issues observed
12. Conducts periodic inspection of company assets/properties and identifies potential threats and hazards
13. Conducts or provides for employee safety training, including lectures, demonstrations or hands-on instruction.
14. Plans and oversees the orientation, training and re-training of in-house safety officers and responders
15. Briefs the establishments and contractors on the company's safety policies and correspondingly ensures compliance thereto
16. Responsible for the overall supervision of personnel assigned in his area
17. Performs and regularly submits Vulnerability Survey and Occupational Risk Assessment reports with corresponding recommendations to the Head of Department
18. Monitors and maintains statistics on losses due to accidents/incidents and prepares the necessary publication on a periodic basis
Manages the daily functions of a cluster of properties to ensure protection of property assets, employees, guests and property. Maintains logs, certifications and documents required by law and Standard Operating Procedures. Trains staff in established emergency procedures and implements accident and fire prevention procedures. Position focuses on ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while achieving the operating budget.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the security/loss prevention or related professional area.
2-year degree from an accredited university in Criminal Justice or related major; 2 years experience in the security/loss prevention or related professional area.
Accredited Occupational Safety and Health Practitioner by DOLE - BWC
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Security/Loss Prevention Operations
• Assists the Director of Engineering in administering fire prevention programs and emergency preparedness.
• Conducts hazard and risk assessments at the property to include quarterly OSHA/SAFETY audits, incident tracking, and the hazard abatement process.
• Develops detailed "shut down" procedures for cluster properties to ensure that all areas are secured at the appropriate times.
• Complies with applicable laws and safety regulations.
• Follows proper key control guidelines in loss prevention and in the properties.
• Develops a monthly checklist for all cctv equipment, alarmed doors, and duress alarms to ensure that they are fully functional.
• Incorporates into patrols, which encompass all areas of the property's interior and exterior, an inspection tour of recording system.
• Follows Duty of Care process for the protection of guests and employees.
• Follows up on all unusual activities in and around properties that would impair the well being of guests and employees.
• Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
• Implements action plans to monitor and control risk.
• Monitors all unusual activities in and around properties that would impair the well being of guests and employees.
• Oversees all loss prevention operations to include but not limited to patrol process, emergency response, investigations (initial & follow up) for all guest and employee related incidents, shipping and receiving process (makes recommendations for improvement), electronic key system and manager on duties responsibilities.
• Oversees and guides the efforts of the Accident Prevention Committee.
• Oversees first aid program for guests and employees.
• Oversees the claims process and protects company assets by closely monitoring the General Liability and Worker's Compensation cases.
• Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
• Emphasizes teamwork, close working relationships with other departments and assertive hospitality to serve as a deterrent to crime.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Provides personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to others such as coworkers, customers, or patients.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Meets quality standards and customer expectations on a daily basis.
• Identifies the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others.
• Inspects and critiques the performance of the loss prevention department to establish and maintain a high level of professionalism and customer service.
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Develops liaison with local law enforcement and emergency services.
• Informs and/or updates the executives and peers on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.