Business Development Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 17002PB8
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Four Points by Sheraton Auckland, Auckland, North Island VIEW ON MAP
Brand Four Points
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world's leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With over 6000 properties, you'll find us in your neighbourhood and in more than 122 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
Be part of the pre-opening team for the first Four Points by Sheraton hotel, part of Marriott International in New Zealand.
Set to open Quarter 2 2018, Four Points by Sheraton Auckland will offer guests 255 modern guest rooms, with impressive views of the city, alongside an all-day dining restaurant, bar and lounge. Reflecting the brand's promise to provide what matters most to today's independent travellers, the hotel will also offer all of the brand's defining touches, including the signature Four Comfort bed, complimentary bottled water, fast and free Wi-Fi in all public areas, an energising breakfast and the brand's signature Best Brews™ program.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate Sales Manager that is ready to hit the ground running. You will be responsible for new business development, targeting corporate, meeting, and leisure opportunities.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
Securing new business opportunity across all market segments
- Cold calling potential customers with a view to securing new business opportunity
- Creation and sending of proposals in a timely manner
- Utilising Marriott International systems to assist in confirming new business
- Building new relationships with previous and new clients
- Assisting in leading all day-to-day activities related to sales with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships
Ideally, you will be able to demonstrate:
- A proven sales record with a genuine drive to bring new clients into the hotel.
- Experience in networking and building strong partnerships
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to cold call and secure new business
- A commitment to providing exceptional customer service
- A willingness to go above and beyond
- Experience with OPERA Sales & Catering software is preferable
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- Career journey with the world’s largest hotel company
- Competitive salary
- Employee ‘Explore rates’ offered through network of 6,500 hotels’
- Opportunity to join pre-opening hotel
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.