Digital Marketing Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 17002OFI
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location The St. Regis Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia VIEW ON MAP
Brand St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
- Develop deep knowledge of the Asia market as it relates to mobile & social media, both from a consumer behavior and from the understanding and identification of products/companies in these markets that would be relevant to the business. Provide POVs, market trend updates and competitive analysis to keep the larger group up to date.
- Collaborate with teams on initiatives to ensure market needs are incorporated into final product. Facilitate research, usability testing and feedback from marketing teams. Help with the launch of programs/products in these markets including marketing communications and training.
- Manage partner relationships as needed to execute mobile and social strategies.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Digital teams to help guide programs for social and mobile channels.
- Work with Customer Contact Center’s Social Media teams on social care strategy to grow the company’s surprise and delight initiatives and influencer outreach programs.
- Recommend programs, features and initiatives within social and mobile for the Asian market across brands, in addition to recommending global social & mobile strategy.
- Approve product features, content and creative developed by Marriott International teams or vendors/partners.
- Recommend partners and companies business should be building relationships with to grow our business and execute strategy.
- Partner with Social Media agencies across Asia Pacific that support company’s global social brand strategy; partner with Mobile agencies to help with designing and trends
- Collaborate with Global Digital & Divisional Digital teams on execution.
- Assist Global Brands and Brand Liaisons to assist with strategies in these markets.
- Ensuring the key field and corporate teams are aggressively responding to the demands of the marketplace. These teams include Development & Production, Web Technology and Global Sales.
- Maximize the offensive and defensive potential of our internal web site.
- Leverage the resources in product and brand teams throughout Marriott International.
- Aggressively test property-based and third party offers to determine relevancy across segments and message types.
- Manage destination web sites.
- Manage relationships with third party distributors (e.g. Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz) to optimize placement, production, promotions, pricing.
- Oversees entire online distribution strategy for portfolio of hotels.
- Understands and incorporates channel economics to ensure sound decision-making.
- Coordinate pricing and distribution activity with the revenue management team.
- Analyze competitive landscape, trends in the online travel industry, and relevant research and make recommendations for change.
- Bachelor degree required, additional education in sales and marketing fields preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Interactive Account Management or Marketing/Strategic Planning is required.
- Superior analytical skills required.
- Experience managing websites and online advertising required.
- Ability to collaborate with teams across a variety of functions and globally. Comfort working in a fast-paced and changing environment as social media continues to evolve.
- Strong presentation and communication skills; ability to take complex ideas and distill to simple messages both written and spoken.
- Experience selecting and managing agencies as partners.
- Strong preference for candidate with agency experience.
- Deep knowledge and experience with Asia’s social media and digital market.
- Solid understanding of development for dynamic websites and/or Content Management Systems.
- Travel Industry experience a plus. Experience in off-line marketing a plus.