Assistant Front Desk Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 17002MPT
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Hong Kong Ocean Park Marriott Hotel, Hong Kong, Hong Kong VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
- Supervise Front Desk Team
- Handle guest complaints in professional manner
- Monitor arrival list and room status, check for discrepancies and cashiering
- Identify and provide training for Front Desk Team
- Assist staff with expediting problem payments (e.g., problems processing credit card).
- Follow up with guest regarding satisfaction with guest-related issues.
- Process all guest check-ins by confirming reservations, assigning room, and issuing and activating room key.
- Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit.
- Set up accurate accounts for each guest upon check-in (i.e., sharewiths, separate room/tax/incidentals, comp).
- Anticipate sold-out situations and obtain satisfactory alternative accommodations when the property cannot accommodate guests with reservations.
- Block rooms in the computer and identify designated requirements and requests.
- Contact appropriate individual or department (e.g., Bellperson, Housekeeping) as necessary to resolve guest call, request, or problem.
- Coordinate with Housekeeping to track readiness of rooms for check-in.
- Review shift logs/daily memo books and document pertinent information in logbooks.
- Count bank at the beginning and end of shift.
- Balance and drop receipts according to Accounting specifications.
- Assist management in training, motivating, and coaching employees; serve as a role model and first point of contact of the Guarantee of Fair Treatment/Open Door Policy process.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- At least 3 year of experience in the field is preferred
- Pleasant personality, customer-oriented with good leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to communicate in English, Cantonese and Putonghua
- Willing to work on shift hours