Front Office Night Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 17002KGA
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location The Westin Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World™
The Westin Melbourne hotel is an oasis in the heart of the city’s bustling Central Business District. With a commanding location on Collins Street, arguably Australia’s premier street, The Westin Melbourne preserves wellness in travel with a number of signature brand offerings including our Westin Heavenly® Beds, Gear Lending by New Balance®, and WestinWORKOUT® Fitness Studio.
Front Office is responsible for ensuring our guests receive efficient and superior levels of service throughout their stay. In this role you will serve as the Property Manager on Duty and oversee all property operations during the overnight shift.
- Oversee the entire Hotel operations overnight including leading a team of five.
- Ensure the smooth check in and check out of all guests providing superior service.
- Accommodate the requests and needs of all guests, make recommendations, upsell rooms and related services.
- Manage concerns received from guests, acting immediately to restore guest satisfaction utilising the Marriott International Service Standards at all times.
- Assist guests with safety deposit boxes and posting miscellaneous charges, maintain cash float and accurately handle monies at all times.
- Responsible for running the night audit, reviewing arrivals report daily ensuring guest’s preferences and requests are met and identify any VIP’s.
- Responsible for ensuring the safety and security of the hotel guests overnight. Ensure that the Front Office Manager or General Manager are informed immediately of any serious emergency, security or health & safety matter.
- Uphold Westin standards and the hotel’s policies and procedures.
- Minimum 12 months experience in a similar role at a 4 or 5 star hotel.
- Strong leadership, organizational and delegation skills.
- Good numerical skills and strong attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Ability to emotionally connect with guests and provide superior levels of service.
- Experience of Opera a distinct advantage.
- Please note only people with full Australian working rights are eligible to apply for this role.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn, grow and advance your career with an exciting, vibrant and growing company. In return for your dedication and commitment you will receive excellent benefits and the opportunity to work with a highly motivated and engaged team.
Excellent benefits include:
- Generous accommodation and Food and Beverage discounts for Associates, Family and Friends across all Marriott properties worldwide
- Associate recognition and training programs
- Discounted CBD parking
- Strategic career development opportunities
We appreciate the time you have taken to apply and the effort that goes into an application. Only those successful in gaining an interview will be contacted directly.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.