Account Director (Sales)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 17002IXB
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location , Sydney, New South Wales VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world's leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you'll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World™
Based in Sydney, an outstanding opportunity is available for a Sales Professional to join the sales cluster team and sell The Westin Melbourne, Sheraton Melbourne Hotel, Marriott Melbourne Hotel and the Four Points by Sheraton Melbourne Docklands Hotel.
Reporting to the two Director of Sales & Marketing, your primary focus will be to drive new business opportunities optimizing Marriott's share of accounts in order to achieve revenue goals.
The role comprises the following, but is not limited to:
- Work across Sydney on accounts that will provide corporate and MICE business for multiple Melbourne properties.
- Proactively manage relationships with multiple stakeholders being the Directors of Sales and Marketing and General Managers of participating Marriott properties.
- Assist in developing and maintaining goals and key strategies, which lead to profitable revenue generation within the account, business segment or region.
- In the role of Sales Director/Manager this position has direct accountability for select transactional sales activities.
- Maintain and update quarterly, the market sales account list, qualifying the portfolio accounts have the desired potential for group and catering to a pre-defined level.
- Provide the Melbourne hotels with on the ground sales options to assist in closing business if required with face to face meetings.
- Uphold Marriott International's standards and each hotel's policies and procedures.
- The successful candidate will ideally have a minimum of 3 years previous management or senior experience in a hotel or similar environment.
- Strong leadership and communication skills both written and verbal are essential, as well as a demonstrated track record of maintaining excellent standards.
- Maximising efficiencies in terms of cost control.
- You will hold a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelors degree in Hospitality Management is preferred.
- Must have a current driver's licence and car.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn, grow and advance your career with an exciting, vibrant and growing company.
In return for your commitment and passion to succeed, you will have the opportunity to work with a highly motivated team and receive excellent benefits including generous accommodation and Food and Beverage discounts for Associates, Family and Friends across all Marriott properties worldwide.
We appreciate the time you have taken to apply and the effort that goes into an application. Only those successful in gaining an interview will be contacted directly.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.