Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 17002ILG
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences, Shanghai, China VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Functions as the strategic business leader of rooms operations and acts as General Manager in his/her absence. Areas of responsibility include Front Office, , Retail/Gift Shops, Recreation/Fitness Center, Housekeeping and Security/Loss Prevention. Position oversees the development and implementation of departmental strategies and ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives. The position ensures the rooms operations meet the brand’s target customer needs, ensures employee satisfaction, focuses on growing revenues and maximizes the financial performance of the department. Develops and implements property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer and employees and provides a return on investment.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Property Operations
• Working with Rooms management team to develop an operational strategy that is aligned with the brand’s business strategy and leads its execution.
• Reviewing comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
• Evaluating if Operations Team is meeting service needs and provides feedback to operations team.
• Participating in public space walk-throughs with Engineering and Housekeeping to ensure guest rooms, public space and back of the house areas are well maintained and preventative maintenance processes are in place.
• Touring building on a regular basis speaking with employees and guests to understand business needs and assess operational opportunities.
• Reviewing findings from comment cards and guest satisfaction results with leadership team and ensures appropriate corrective action is taken.
• Working with team to put sustainable work processes and systems in place that support the execution of the strategy.
• Reviewing reports and financial statements to determine Rooms operations performance against budget.
• Communicating a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
Leading Operations Teams
• Ensuring employees are treated fairly and equitably.
• Celebrating successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
• Fostering employee commitment to providing excellent service, participating in daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all interactions with guests and employees.
• Making and executes the necessary decisions to keep property moving forward toward achievement of goals.
Managing Relationships with Property Stakeholders
• Attending owners meetings and provides meaning or context to the rooms operational and financial results.
• Establishing relationship with owner as a business partnership and supports the relationship between the General Manager and the owner.
• Coaching and supports operations team to effectively manage occupancy & rate, wages and controllable expenses.
• Working with direct reports to determine areas of concern and establish ways to improve the departments’ financial performance.
• Leading cost containment efforts within Rooms operations including organizational restructuring when necessary.
• Focusing on maintaining profit margins without compromising guest or employee satisfaction.
• Identifying key drivers of business success and keeping Rooms leadership focused on the critical few to achieve results.
Managing the Guest Experience
• Creating an atmosphere in all Rooms and Food and Beverage areas that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
• Championing the brand’s service vision for product and service delivery and ensures alignment amongst the Rooms leadership teams.
• Ensuring core elements of the service strategy are in place to produce the desired results.
• Establishing and maintaining open, collaborative relationships with direct reports and entire Rooms operations team. Ensures direct reports do the same for their team.
• Interfacing with customers on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.