Guest Experience Manager (Call Center)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 17002EP0
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location The Bangkok EDITION, Bangkok, Thailand VIEW ON MAP
Brand Edition Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
EDITION Hotels combine the visionary genius of boutique hotelier Ian Schrager, the service delivery of a world-class luxury hotel, and the global reach of Marriott International to create an entirely new experience in the world of hospitality. Our hotels are stunning microcosms of the world's top cities, featuring the finest in dining, entertainment, nightlife, and service to create an enchanting experience that makes your spirit soar!
But to create this magical experience, we need you.
EDITION is hiring warm, out-going, authentically amazing people who are looking for a place to work that inspires them, challenges them and makes them proud to come to work. A place where service comes from the heart, not from a handbook. A place that delivers a never-ending theatrical performance that continuously delights and enchants each and every one of our guests.
We invite you to join us today.
Supports all property operations, ensuring that the highest levels of hospitality and service are provided. Responsible for all Guest Experience functions and employees. Areas of responsibility include overseeing and managing the Guest Experience Department- inclusive of Guest Experience Agents, Concierge and VIP services. Manages the flow of questions and directs guests within the lobby. Supports the tracking and resolution of service issues. Serves as the hotel Manager on Duty and oversees all hotel operations, ensuring that the highest levels of hospitality and service are provided. Represents hotel management in resolving any guest or hotel related situation. Is the properties Guest Relations Manager and handles the tracking of service issues. Is responsible for proactively enhancing the whole guest experience from post arrival to pre departure and when required, will perform duty manager roles.
Education and Experience
· High school diploma or GED; 2 year experience in the guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
· 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Guest Experience
· Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
· Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
· Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
· Supervises and manages employees. Understanding employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
Maintaining Guest Experience Goals
· Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
· Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
· Supports handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
· Assists with energy conservation efforts by monitoring compliance during property tours.
Supporting Projects and Policies Related to Guest Experience and Safety
· Supports implementation of the customer recognition/service program, communicating and ensuring the process.
· Supports regular inspection tours of the entire facility for appearance, safety, security, and maintenance.
· Sends copy of MOD report to all departments on a daily basis.
· Verifies that company policies, standards and procedures are followed.
· Understands and can implement all emergency plans including accident, death, elevator, thefts, vicious crimes, bombs, fire, etc.
· Understands and complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
Ensuring and Providing Exceptional Customer Service
· Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
· Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
· Intervenes in any guest/employee situation as needed to insure the integrity of the property is maintained, guest satisfaction is achieved, and employee well being is preserved.
· Serves as a leader in displaying outstanding hospitality skills.
· Sets a positive example for guest relations.
· Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
· Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
· Maintains high visibility in public areas during peak times.
· Provides immediate assistance to guests as requested.
· Interacts with customers on a regular basis throughout the property to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
· Records guest issues in the guest response tracking system.
· Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
· Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
· Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
· Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
· Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members with the appropriate skills.
· Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
· Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
· Informs and/or updating the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
· Maintains a strong working relationship with all departments to support property operations and goals and to expedite the resolution of any problems that may arise through the general operation of the property.
· Communicates any variations to the established norms to the appropriate department in a timely manner.
· Participates as needed in the investigation of employee and guest accidents.
· Performs Front Desk duties in high demand times.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.