Mar 08, 2018Job Number
Rooms and Guest Services OperationsLocation
Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAPBrand
Sheraton Hotels & ResortsSchedule
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Located at the forefront of Dubai’s most prominent thoroughfare, the Sheraton Grand Hotel seamlessly connects to the heart of the booming business district. Our hotel is just across from the Dubai World Trade Centre and within walking distance of the Dubai Convention Centre. A short drive will take you to DIFC, Dubai Mall, or downtown, and Dubai International Airport (DXB) is 10 kilometers away. Standing 53 stories tall, the hotel comprises 474 guest rooms and suites, as well as 180 one- to three-bedroom serviced apartments. All accommodations span at least 36 square meters and feature the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper® Bed. Our expansive conference center boasts meeting rooms with natural illumination and state-of-the-art audiovisual technology. The Sheraton Grand Hotel also offers a Sheraton Club Lounge that has extensive services and exciting 31st-floor views.
- To provide our guests an on brand and personalized arrival experience by allocating the rooms based on the preferences and the reason of stay.
- Follow and implement Sheraton Grand Brand Standards/Guidelines.
- To effectively contribute in a high GSS loyalty composite through recognition, friendliness, helpfulness and efficiency.
- Ensure all FO KPIs goals are all in control and achieved.
- Ensure that services provided are in harmony with our Sheraton core values.
- Assist the Front Office Manager and the Assistants with the daily Operations.
- Assign the rooms according to the guest requests, preferences and purpose of the stay, using the MAR and the pre arrival email sent by the Club or the Lobby Ambassadors team.
- Organize and coordinate with the AFOM allocation, check in and pre-registration procedure for groups.
- Review, track, and accommodate requests for room/check out between 12.00 and 1.30 PM to the appropriate department.
- Follow and coordinate with HSK Queue Rooms
- Review with HSK and AFOM the room Out Of Order/ Out Of Service on daily basis.
- Review the room inventory with AFOM and streamline if necessary, handle room type overbooking.
- Ensure accuracy between VIKAS and DTCM system
- Ensure the passports and Emirates ID are scanned in VIKAS and accuracy of system Check in, Check Out, Room move.
- 3 days in advance and daily allocate VIPs, groups, and other special reservation.
- Ensure follow up on service recovery and defects reports with GSAs and AFOMS and update on SGR
- Profile Management SPG & Opera
- Drive the team to achieve monthly Departmental KPIs
COFC daily capture ratio of 25% of check outs.
MAGC daily take rate of 15% of occupied rooms.
Mini Bar Calls 80%.
- Coordinate tasks and work with other departments to ensure a complete guest satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationship and conduct briefings
- Conduct daily SOP briefings.
- Ensure the strict follow up on the implementation of the WELCOME upon Check in and FAREWELL upon check out.
- Ensure strict compliance with Sheraton Brand Standards in all related tasks and duties achieving 90% or above in the Quality Audit inspection
- 100% daily usage of the Master Arrival Report to deliver GPS initiative successfully to our guests.
- Ensure smooth and clear communication with all other FO, HK, Club, Room Service and Engineering associates.
- Ensure compliance with PCI policies.
- Acquire the proper product knowledge needed to perform your job properly.
- Ensure that guest requests/ defects are fulfilled and closed in SG within 15 minutes as average response time.
- Be aware of the hotel Fire and Emergency procedures.
- Ensure daily buckets check against departure and clear the pending registration cards.
- Assist the hotel revenue by:
Suites and apartments walk-in Upselling.
Early Check in and Late check out Revenue
Suggestive selling of the hotel restaurants, SPA treatments, Breakfast package.
- Enforce free marketing activities to promote the hotel services through our guests by encouraging them to post reviews and tweets in the various social media.
- Be knowledgeable about the hotel GSS scores and current improvement plans set for the department.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to speak, write and converse freely in English.
- Preferable to able to Write and converse freely in the language spoken in the area.
- Preferable to be able to speak in one additional language other than the first two.
- Must be proactive.
- Must have computer skills.
- Must have opera knowledge.
We do expect that you do have the experiences/ behaviors below. You:
- Totally embrace the philosophy of guest and customer service and owns the guests;
- Identify yourself with the hotel’s brand and operating philosophy;
- Possess a warm and friendly demeanor;
- Strive to achieve satisfaction and delight of our customers;
- Are detail oriented;
- Thrive on pride of work and its product;
- Play as a team to achieve common goals;
- Have immaculate personal presentation e.g. grooming and conversational ability;
- Demonstrate self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm;
- Have a strong ability to learn skills, retain and demonstrate learning;
Bachelor degree required.
PSYCHICAL CONDITION REQUIRED FOR YOUR ROLE
Must be able to stand 8hrs a day while maintaining a smile and positive attitude.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.