Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 17002EAP
Job Category Procurement, Purchasing, and Quality Assurance
Location The St. Regis Beijing, Beijing, China VIEW ON MAP
Brand St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Acts as a "gate-keeper" for the executive's time by managing the executive's calendar. Uses discretion in identifying critical items, setting up meetings and making scheduling changes with minimal involvement by the executive operation. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction with cooperating other departments. Performs senior administrative functions in support of achieving the objectives of the division/company and owner by assisting one of the organization’s top executives and objectives. Leading the executive by conducting work that is generally administrative or project oriented. Develops alternatives and determines solutions for assignments, including those that may be unique and non-recurring. Makes decisions that may have a measurable impact on the department/division and maximize the financial performance. Often the incumbent will be responsible for interpreting internal policies and procedures and will be seen as a resource to others. Handles confidential and sensitive material and information to protect company and owner’s interest /image and relative.
Education and Experience List the minimum education and experience requirements, allowing experience to substitute for education where appropriate. For example:
· High school diploma or GED; 5 years’ experience as an administrative assistant or related professional area.
· 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 3 years’ experience as an administrative assistant or related professional area.
Other Required Skills (LIST REQUIRED SKILLS HERE)
· Knowledge of a full range of administrative processes typically gained through extensive years of experience.
· Knowledge of advanced functions of a word processing package and may require a working knowledge of other business software packages, including spreadsheet and graphics packages.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES (ADD ADDITIONAL ACTIVITIES AS APPROPRIATE FOR JOB)
· Acts as a "gate-keeper" for the executive's time by managing the executive's calendar using discretion in identifying critical items, setting up meetings and making scheduling changes with minimal involvement by the executive.
· Answers calls for the executive; provides callers with responses to all types of requests, both routine and those requiring research and follow-up and directs calls to the appropriate person.
· Develops alternatives to handle requests, including identifying the nature of the call and redirecting the resulting work to the appropriate subordinate manager.
· Communicates material to the executive that is often sensitive in nature, typically originating from senior level executives, within and outside the Company, the press, or customer complaints which have risen to the executive level. Routinely responds back directly to the caller after performing research or follow-up.
· Composes correspondence or documents, many times on behalf of the executive. Correspondence may be directed toward outside owners, customers, senior level executives or outside organizations.
· Arranges large-scale meetings or conferences, which are typically multi-day in length. Responsible for evaluating alternatives and making decisions regarding logistics and pricing for the room and audio/visual set-up, catering, meeting agenda and materials, and possibly travel arrangements for the participants.
akes travel arrangements and prepares the travel itinerary for the executive.
· Identifies areas where new administrative policies and procedures may be necessary within a department and initiates the project to develop the new policy or procedure.
· Sets priorities and establishes procedures for completing responsibilities; delegates portions of work to others.
· Leading the executive by conducting work that is generally administrative or project oriented.
· Performs senior administrative functions in support of achieving the objectives of the division/company and owner by assisting one of the organization’s top executives and objectives.
· Makes decisions that may have a measurable impact on the department/division and maximize the financial performance
· Determines the urgency level of conflicting priorities and prioritizes many aspects of the work for the supervisor, such as identifying critical items and ascertaining which items are to be delegated to subordinate managers.
· Advocates and demonstrates continuous improvement by adjusting to new ways as conditions
· and priorities change which may include learning new skills
· Takes initiative by being a part of the solution and assisting in the resolution of issues/problems resulting from change
· Able to work with different levels of management and management styles as needed in position
· Keeps work group informed, speaks and writes clearly and concisely
· Actively listens to others recommendations while seeking clarification and offering alternatives as appropriate
· Communicates in a timely, proactive manner, receives directions and feedback well
Job Related Business Focus
· Actions support key business values of customer service, associate satisfaction and financial success
· Demonstrates pleasant, helpful and accurate service to internal and external customers
· Respects fellow associates
· Efficiently purchases and utilizes resources to produce quality products
Planning & Organizing
· Sets priorities and establishes a realistic action plan while anticipating potential issues impacting the plan
· Develops and follows procedures for ensuring quality, is detail‐oriented, maximizes resources,
· meets deadlines, and follows through on assignments
· Identifies problems and seeks resolution through sound judgment and solid decision making skills, where appropriate
· Directs problems to higher level or applicable department for resolution
· Works well in a team environment
· Acts as a liaison with other resources/departments as appropriate
· Gives recognition, collaborates and builds trust among others, treats people fairly, equally and respectfully, promotes celebration when appropriate
· Demonstrates requisite technical expertise as defined by the position.
· Demonstrates commitment and reliability in getting the job done efficiently, timely, professionally and accurately
· Balances multiple projects simultaneously and maintains the personal, technical and
professional skills needed to perform job duties
· Consistently strives to improve these skills and represents staff and division positively