Mar 12, 2018Job Number
Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
Sheraton Saigon Hotel & Towers, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam VIEW ON MAPBrand
Sheraton Hotels & ResortsSchedule
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
- Good communication skills in English
- At least 2 years experience in a similar role
- Professional presentation and good grooming
- Able to work late
- Have a full knowledge of open and close procedures. Be able to open and close the Outlet as required. Have a thorough knowledge of the Point of Sale System, including cashiering responsibilities. Where directed, coordinate the work of the Food and Beverage Attendants in an efficient manner, maintaining quality and standards.
- Where directed, conduct pre-service briefings with staff, including: VIPs in House, Group movement, Promotional activity, Guest feedback and Product Knowledge. Where directed, be attentive in checking quality of food and beverage service, cleanliness of bar, tables, chairs, floor and general equipment, assign staff to their stations and inform of any special request such as VIP guest or returning guests.
- Make sure daily stock orders/requisitions and daily inventory will be done day by day. Assist in ensuring that all back of house areas are cleaned and equipment stocked. Provide a positive example to all F&B attendants on upholding the standards and procedures of the outlet.
- As required, handle basic customer concerns and complaints with empathy and understanding according to Hotel standard. Refer difficult situations to the Supervisor or Assistant Manager/ Manager. Wherever possible, actively solicit guest feedback in order to seek continual improvement in service and to ensure guest satisfaction. Communicate all comments and feedback from guests and staff to the Supervisor or Assistant Manager/Manager. Assist Supervisor/Assistant Manager/Manager in ensuring all special guest requests are followed through to the relevant departments, and charges are raised accordingly. e.g. Cake, Flower, Champagne Orders.
- Assist with certification reviews. Assist the Supervisor and Assistant Manager with initial and ongoing on the Job Training of outlet associates. Attend meetings as required. Assist in the implementation of opportunities for quality Team Building. Assist in ensuring that all associates comply with the grooming and uniform standards.
- You may be assigned additional duties that must be completed either prior to the opening/closing of the Restaurant each day, or the end of your shift. It is your responsibility to complete these duties to the satisfaction of the Restaurant Manager/ Assistant Manager/ Supervisor. Contribute to the smooth flow between the outlet service staff and related departments (kitchens, stewards, bars) and cooperate with them at all times. Remember you are part of a team, so take pride in your team performance. Assist and understand the correct procedures for handling intoxicated and underage guests.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.