Senior/Sales Manager/Assistant Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 17001UE7
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Le Méridien Singapore, Sentosa, Singapore, Singapore VIEW ON MAP
Brand Le Meridien
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The chosen candidate shall be responsible for contracting and closing local catering and social business and ensuring that business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery. He / She shall be responsible for achieving revenue goals by actively up-selling each business opportunity to maximize revenue. The incumbent implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
Education and Experience
Diploma in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major with at least 4 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area; preferably from Hotel Industry.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
· Manages sales efforts for the hotel including local corporate and social catering.
· Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (eg. Sales Offices, Area Sales, Enterprise Sales Team – EST) to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative.
· Responds to incoming sales opportunities for the hotel.
· Identifies, qualifies and solicits new catering business to achieve personal and hotel revenue goals.
· Understands the overall market - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
· Closes the best opportunities for the hotel based on market conditions and hotel needs.
· Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
· Designs, develops and sells creative catered events.
· Maximizes revenue by up-selling packages and creative food and beverage.
· Manages catering sales revenue and operation budgets, and provides forecasting reports.
· Develops menus which drive sales.
· Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
· Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand.
· Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
· Ensures successful performance by increasing revenues, controlling expenses and providing a return on investment for the owner and the company.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
· Interacts effectively with sales, kitchen, vendors, competitors, local community, catering associations and other hotel departments in order to ensure guest satisfaction.
· Executes and supports the company’s Customer Service Standards and hotel’s Brand Standards.
· Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
· Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to the company.
· Gains understanding of the hotel’s primary target customer and service expectations; serve the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
· Develops a close working relationship with operations to ensure execution of strategies at the hotel level.
· Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
1. MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES
· Adaptability – Develops strategies and identifies resources to implement and manage change; models flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates the need for change in a positive way that encourages commitment.
· Communication - Actively listens and uses appropriate communication styles to deliver complex information in a clear concise way and influences others to accept a point of view, gain consensus, or take action.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Models and sets expectations for solving complex problems, collecting and comparing information to evaluate alternatives, considering their potential impact before making decisions, involving others to gain agreement and support, and guiding others to implement solutions.
·Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Building and Contributing to Teams - Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
·Driving for Results - Focuses and guides others in accomplishing work objectives.
· Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
·Coworker Relationships - Develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
· Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
· Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
·Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of organizational units, jobs, and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
·Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
·Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
· Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information (e.g., data related to employee engagement, guest satisfaction, and property financial performance) to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
·Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
General Hotel Operations - Knowledge of the operating principles and practices of all brand/hotel-specific functions to support successful operations of the overall property (e.g., Engineering/Maintenance, Event Management, Finance and Accounting, Human Resources, Legal/Contracting, Food and Beverage, Guest Services/Front Desk, Sales & Marketing, Security/Loss Prevention, Retail/Gift Shops, Spa, and Recreation/Health Club).