Executive Office Admin
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 17001RNF
Job Category Administrative
Location Al Manara, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Saraya Aqaba, Aqaba, Jordan VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Luxury Collection
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate Projects meetings, taking meetings minutes, assigned responsibilities and set time line and ensure adequate follow-up and completions.
- Support the Complex General Manager and the Executive Committee Members and work as one team.
- Assist the Executive Committee Members in achieving their goals and initiatives.
- Follow up, on the Complex General Manager’s behalf, on projects or tasks that must be completed by the Executive Committee Members and Department Heads.
- Coordinate the Complex General Manager’s schedules, appointments and meetings. This includes preparing PowerPoint presentations, arranging meeting space, coffee breaks, stationery and audiovisual equipment needed for the meeting.
- Coordinate the Complex General Manager’s travel arrangements, including flights, hotel accommodations, Airport pick-up & drop and visa applications, as needed.
- Ensure the proper running of the Executive Office in terms of correspondence, telephone calls, faxes, visitors, maintaining office stationery and equipment, sending, receiving and distributing mail and courier.
- Attend the Executive Committee meetings, taking meeting minutes and distributing them to the attendees and following up on issues accordingly.
- Tackle some guest and customer complaint letters that arrive at the Executive Office, direct them to the Executive Committee Member or Manager concerned and make sure that problems are solved and guests are satisfied.
- Manage Christmas and Birthday Card distribution and post and to remind the Complex General Manager about social events and occasions, such as birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, and Embassies’ national days. Coordinate ordering flowers and/or cakes, as appropriate.
- Coordinate with Complex General Manager & Executive Committee to attend the Jordan Business Council meetings, taking meeting minutes and distributing them to the attendees. Track and monitor on monthly basis the JBC initiatives which include Community Relations, Cultural, Government Affairs and Market Driven Initiatives, and finally prepare the JBC year end reporting.
- Support the Operations Departments by attending the Operations Excellence meetings and taking meeting minutes, as well as attending the Operations Marketing and Business Plan meetings, proof-reading the final draft for the annual Operations Marketing & Business Plan File that is sent to the Area Office.
- Attend other meetings, such as the Staff Meetings, taking meeting minutes and distributing them to the attendees.
- Support total Hotel Initiatives by tracking them online on quarterly basis.
- Document the Brand Standards Self Audit scores online on quarterly basis.
- Support the different hotel disciplines in accomplishing their tasks in a professional and timely way; this includes proof-reading of material and collateral.
- Have excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook.
- Perform translation of Arabic documents into English and vice versa, as requested by the Complex General Manager and Executive Committee Members.
- Maintain files at the Executive Office up-to-date, including the personal files for the Executive Committee Members and expatriate managers. Maintain an adequate tracing system.
- Update the Management Roster and send it out to the Area Office on regular basis.
- Arrange the monthly attendance sheet for the Complex General Manager and Executive Committee Members, and submit to payroll on due date.
- Prepare the Manager on Duty schedule on monthly basis and distribute it to the managers concerned.
- Help to arrange for Associate bookings at Marriott Hotels in the area, securing the associate rate when available.
- Prepare of VIP and complimentary forms and arranging owning company bookings in Marriott Hotels worldwide, as requested by the Complex General Manager.
- Actively participate in the Environment Community Club and other hotel committees such as the Cafeteria Committee.
- Be hospitable, pleasant, cooperative, prompt and resourceful. Have excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills, maintain a professional demeanor and be a role model to co-workers.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned or required by the Complex General Manager.
- Prepare gift vouchers, prizes, donations, guest cards, letter of thanks, reports as requested.
- To proactively engage in the development of processes and methods to improve the service and efficiency of all areas of the role.
- To interact with guests either VIPs or previous complaints.
- To build external relationships in the community.