Food & Beverage Associate
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 17001OEA
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Meon Valley Marriott Hotel & Country Club, Southampton, Hampshire VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Meon Valley Marriott Hotel & Country Club offers its associates a competitive salary, gym membership, staff meals, car parking and generous global hotel discounts for you, your friends and family.
This four star hotel has a focus on culinary excellence and provides staff with extensive, ongoing training and development. Marriott International is the worlds’ largest hotel company and provides associates with exciting long term career opportunities.
Meon Valley is situated between Southampton and Portsmouth, just a short distance from the M27 motorway in the idyllic Southampton countryside near to Paultons Park, Winchester and more.
At Meon Valley no one day is the same, with an exciting blend of guests and events. Our hotel is a great place to develop your skills, supporting weddings, prolific golf events, sports teams, signature grill restaurant and extensive leisure facilities.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
Qualification & Experience Realise the implications of Health & Safety legislation Skills and Knowledge
To be able to speak good English
Able to help other departments Profile
Patience, to be able to deal with customers who may be struggling with their English
Customer care Business Results
Technical Expertise (Learning and Applying Personal Expertise)
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
1. To attend relevant training sessions and ‘Short Takes’ training.
2. To sign on and off your shift on daily and weekly basis.
3. To ensure that you arrive punctually for the start of your shift, and work according to the rota.
4. To comply with Marriott standards for absences / sickness. Complies with all hotel and Marriott hotels policies, procedures,Audits
5. To have full knowledge of all food and beverage products available throughout the Food & Beverage outlets.
6. To serve all customers in prompt rotation in a friendly and courteous manner, and be aware of their needs.
7. To clear tables as quickly as possible.
8. To maintain cleanliness of the F and B areas, by following the cleaning rota.
9. To fill requests from Shift Leader, Supervisor, Senior Supervisor, Food & Beverage Manager and any other Manager.
10. To have full knowledge of Waste Control, i.e. spillage, mistakes, date stamping, open windows
11. To ensure that the area at work is clean and ready for service at the beginning and end of the day.
12. To be fully aware of working practices within the Guidelines of Health and Safety, Food Hygiene, COSHH and fire procedures.
13. To have a working knowledge of Micros system in the department.
14. To be aware of and follow the companies cash handling policy
15. To report any faults to the relevant person or department.
16. To answer the telephone as laid down by the company standard.
17. To have full knowledge of current promotions.
18. To increase sales wherever possible.
19. To encourage and uphold ‘Whatever it Takes’ concept.
20. To suggest and introduce new ideas.
21. To deal with any customer concerns quickly and efficiently, if not by yourself, by the Shift Leader, Supervisor, Senior Supervisor, Food & Food & Beverage Associate Job Specification
Marriott International, Incorporated Page 3 Confidential and Proprietary
22. To familiarize oneself with all long-term and regular guests.
23. To comply with company LSOP’s and ISRA based audits