Lobby Operations Manager
Sydney, New South Wales
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 17001LW5
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location The Westin Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Westin Sydney is an award winning deluxe hotel set in the heart of Sydney's fashion and finance district. Part of the redevelopment of Sydney's historic General Post Office on Martin Place, this luxurious hotel is surrounded by Sydney's most exclusive designer shopping, best restaurants, theatres and nightlife. Uniquely combining Sydney's original General Post Office building with a modern 31-storey tower, the hotel has 416 rooms and suites. The hotels offers impressive event and banquet facilities featuring a highly flexible and sophisticated pillar free hotel ballroom which can accommodate up to 1,000 guests for a seated event, as well as a Victorian style ballroom and eight smaller function spaces.
An outstanding opportunity has become available for a Lobby Operations Manager to join Sydney's most sophisticated hotel.
Reporting to Front Office Manager, you will be responsible to contribute to the overall business objectives of the hotel by effectively supervise the Lobby team. Ensure all guests’ needs, queries and problems are anticipated and resolved.
As a Lobby Operations Manager you will be required to:
· Ensure the arrival reports and banquet events are reviewed for guests on a daily basis.
· All corporate arrivals and departures are reviewed every day and feedback is solicited from these guests and reported to management in the daily log.
· Greet and welcome all guests arriving and departing the lobby with a sincere and welcoming greeting: i.e. “Welcome to The Westin Sydney” The Lobby Operations Manager will greet with an appropriate welcome and lead them to the Front desk.
· Welcomes all regular guests who arrive via express check in.
· Oversee the entire lobby including the driveway, movement of the bell staff and ensure all procedures are being followed, monitor cleanliness of the driveway and lobby and ensuring a quick response to all guests.
· To assist in all roles of Front Office operations, including Front Desk check-in and check-out, porter/bell services and Concierge to assist as required.
· Monitor the processes for bell service, Commissionaire and concierge delivery, make recommendations for process improvement and implement new standards and procedures.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to deal with people at all levels in an organization.
· Thorough follow up, strong attention to detail and problem solving skills.
· Resilient, with the ability to achieve and excel under pressure
· Proven track record in delivering excellent customer service.
· Impeccable level of personal presentation.
Marriott International is the world's leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 6,100 properties, you'll find us in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.