Manager, Restaurants, Li Bai (Chinese Restaurant)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 17001JK8
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Sheraton Saigon Hotel & Towers, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Sheraton is one of the thirty famous brands owned by Marriott International, Inc. with more than 6,000 properties in over 120 countries and territories around the world.
Sheraton Saigon Hotel & Towers is a leading 5-star hotel strategically located in the heart of downtown of Ho Chi Minh's business and entertainment district.
At Sheraton we are committed to going above and beyond to ensure the guests have the best stay possible. Our associates are dedicated to delivering the highest standards of service. We go beyond so you can too.
Our core values are: Putting People First, Pursuing Excellence, Embracing Change, Acting With Integrity and Serving Our World.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Align management style, working practices and conduct with Sheraton Saigon Hotel & Tower’s Vision, Corporate Values and policies. To comply with Sheraton’s Code of Conduct at all times.
2. Co-ordination of all aspects of the departments operation to ensure that the services of the Department are delivered to guests or internal customers with the aim of exceeding guest expectations and in accordance with Sheraton’s standards and procedures.
3. To personally have a thorough understanding of the hotel and its operations, and communicate this to staff. Also have a full knowledge of the Restaurant operations and roles therein.
4. Responsibility for effective recruitment, training and development, certification, performance evaluation, turnover reduction and optimization of productivity through efficient work practices and staff rostering.
5. Ensure all food and beverage items served to guests are of the highest standard, and presentation is as per resort standards.
6. Understand and supervise opening and closing procedures including a thorough knowledge of the computer system.
7. Ensure cleanliness of bar, tables, chairs, floor and general equipment. Ensure sufficient equipment for the operations of the restaurant. Plan ahead for appropriate repair and replacement of damaged items.
8. Review daily reports and inform all staff of any changes.
9. Prepare monthly Food & Beverage revenue and Labour forecasts.
10. Ensure rosters are produced according to Hotel policy, and displayed in a prominent location for staff.
11. Maintain a log book on a daily basis with as much information as possible.
12. Assign staff to their stations and inform of any special requests such as VIP guests/return guests.
13. Be attentive in checking quality of food and beverage service.
14. Endeavour to conduct pre and/or post service meetings.
15. Ensure staff time sheets are accurately completed and are in accordance with the Enterprise Agreement of the resort.
16. Develop and implement strategies to minimize absenteeism and to manage occupational health & safety issues.
17. Ensure linen exchange procedure is followed and all care is taken with linen.
18. To see that all back of house restaurant areas are cleaned and equipment stored before the end of day’s trade.
19. Requisition general supplies as per resort policy and procedures, maintaining par levels.
20. Attend department meetings and disseminate information concerning staff, special events, new policies, etc.
21. Analyze and respond to guest feedback, guest satisfaction and employee satisfaction information; and give a positive commitment to continuous improvement of product and performance.
22. Assign staff to assist other outlets if necessary.
23. Assist the Asst. Manager, Food & Beverage with the implementation of LiBai promotions and special events.
24. Undertake additional duties as requested by the Asst. Manager, Food & Beverage and Hotel Management.
25. Completely understand, implement and ensure adherence to Local Labor laws and Sheraton policies.
26. Be well versed and knowledgeable of Sheraton Fire and Evacuation procedures as well as health and safety requirements in the Workplace. Ensure employees are aware of their duty of care as determined by legislation and that they maintain complete familiarity.
27. Uphold the Company's Cares culture by demonstrating the Star Service Standards at all times to guests and fellow associates.
28. Personally ensure compliance with all relevant Workplace Health & Safety and Occupational Health & Safety rules, and related Sheraton and Marriott Policies.
- College graduate and above, preferably with major in Hospitality management
- 2 years experience in the same position at an international F&B outlet
- Good communication skills in both English and Vietnamese
- Strong knowledge in Food & Beverage
- Strong leading and staff management skills
- Microsoft Office skills