Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 17001HLY
Job Category Event Management
Location The St. Regis Shanghai Jingan, Shanghai, China VIEW ON MAP
Brand St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Responsible for coordinating the sale and service of audio-visual presentations to convention groups, affiliates and exhibitors. Collaborates with Sales, Convention Managers, and Event Managers to develop and coordinate convention events at the property. The position ensures the highest level of service during events by executing all activities based on Standard Operating Procedures and strives to achieve and continuously improve guest satisfaction. The Event Technology Sales Manager may also provide leadership in cluster business councils.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Executing Sales and Event Activities
• Executes activities that enable achievement of departmental and property goals.
• Adheres to all standards, policies, and procedures (MVP, SOPs, LSOPs, etc.).
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Participates in event technology operational reviews annually and makes suggestions to improve operations.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
Managing Budgets and Administrative Activities
• Executes the administrative processes associated with event technology sales.
• Ensures accurate customer billing for event technology products and services.
• Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
• Participates in the development of the department’s budget and supports the management of the profit and loss statement.
• Understands the impact of Event Technology operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manages activities to maximize results.
• Solicits Event Technology sales from convention groups, affiliates, and exhibitors.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Ensures customer satisfaction before, during, and post event to insure retention and growth of business through referrals and repeat events.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Communicates product and service commitments to property staff and ensures services are delivered to client as specified.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Focuses on continuous improvement of guest satisfaction.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
• Reviews quarterly Meeting Planner Survey results and participates in the development and implementation of corrective action to address service challenges.
• Executes and supports the company’s Customer Service Standards and property’s Brand Standards.
• Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand.
• Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to the company.
• Gains understanding of the property’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
Building Successful Relationships
• Collaborates with Sales, Convention and Event Managers to develop and coordinate convention events in the property.
• Maintains strong working relationships with guests/clients, local and national suppliers, staging companies, and audio visual consulting companies.
• Acts as liaison between Event Technology and other property departments.