Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 170014YV
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Moxy Osaka Honmachi, Osaka, Osaka-Fu VIEW ON MAP
Brand Moxy Hotels
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Assists in leading all day-to-day activities related to sales with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of sales objectives. Achieves personal sales goals.
- Perform general office duties to support Sales & Marketing. Prepare sales-related documents throughout the sales process (e.g., proposals, contracts, or banquet event orders).
- Responsible for preparing all event documentation and coordinates with Sales, property departments and customer to ensure consistent, high level service throughout pre-event, event and post-event phases of property events.
- Promote awareness of brand image internally and externally. Gather materials and assemble information packages (e.g., brochures, promotional materials).
- Use sales techniques that maximize revenue while maintaining existing guest loyalty to Marriott. Enter, retrieve, reconcile, and verify information (e.g., commissions, leads, third parties) in software involved in the sales process.
- Answer guest questions about property facilities/services (e.g., hours of operation, rates and room types, packages, promotions, entertainment, restaurants, special events).
- Serve as the point of contact for clients and communicate with them by phone and email to respond to questions and requests.
Policies and Procedures
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Prepare and review written documents (e.g., daily logs, business letters, memoranda, reports), including proofreading and editing written information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Perform general office duties to support Sales & Marketing (e.g., filing, sending emails, typing, sending outgoing faxes, delivering incoming faxes, copying, opening or distributing mail).
Manager Event Logistics and Operations
- Ensures that events progress seamlessly by following established procedures, collaborating with other employees, and ensuring accuracy.
- Greets customer during the event phase and hands-off to the Event Operations team for the execution of details.
- Adheres to all standards, policies, and procedures.
- Ensures billing accuracy and conducts bill reviews with the clients prior to processing the final bill.
- Manages group room blocks and meeting space for average to large-sized assigned groups.
- Identifies operational challenges associated with his/her group and determines how to best work with the property staff and customer to solve these challenges\ and/or develop alternative solutions.
- Uses his/her judgment to integrate current trends in event management and event design.
- Acts as liaison between field sales person and customer throughout the event process (pre-event, event, post-event).
- Participates in customer site inspections and assists with the sales process as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Solicits feedback from the property departments to identify areas for improvement to enhance the Event Planner’s experience.
Supporting and Coordinating with the Sales and Marketing Function
- Assists in the sales process and revenue forecasting for customer groups.
- Up-sells products and services throughout the event process.
- Forecasts group sleeping rooms and event revenue (catering and audio visual) for his/her groups.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.